Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Getting rid of former vendor malware product messages

Options

Does anyone know how to get rid of the Guardio message telling me I have threats to my system? I used it before I switched to Bitdefender.

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are a few ways to get rid of the Guardio message telling you that you have threats to your system, even if you have switched to Bitdefender:

1) Uninstall Guardio. This is the simplest way to get rid of the message. To uninstall Guardio, go to the Control Panel in Windows or the Settings app in macOS. Then, go to "Programs and Features" or "Applications," respectively, and find Guardio. Click on it and then click "Uninstall."

2) Disable Guardio. If you want to keep Guardio installed, you can disable it instead of uninstalling it. To disable Guardio, open the Guardio extension in your browser and click on the "Settings" icon. Then, toggle off the "Enable Guardio" switch.

3) Delete Guardio's cache and cookies. It is also possible that the Guardio message is being caused by a bug in Guardio's cache or cookies. To delete Guardio's cache and cookies, open the Guardio extension in your browser and click on the "Settings" icon. Then, click on the "Clear Cache and Cookies" button.

To remove cache and cookies, try the below steps.

1) Restart your PC in safe mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

2) Open the Run command and execute the following commands one by one:

temp ,delete all the files in the the folder

%temp% ,delete all the files in the folder

prefetch ,delete all the files in the folder

3) Restart your PC in normal mode by unselecting the option to run the system in Safe Mode and then click 'Apply.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers