Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can I still use Safepay without having to buy a subscription to the Bitdefender password manager.

Options
Frazzle
Frazzle
edited October 2023 in Password Manager

I already have a password manager and don't need to complicate my life by having two! I also don't like to have to pay for an additional subscription for something that used to be included free with my original bitdefender subscription by using it's wallet feature! I really don't like these money gouging tactics by a company!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Frazzle,

Regarding this: I also don't like to have to pay for an additional subscription for something that used to be included free with my original bitdefender subscription - Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that came with the following paid security solutions: Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet was available only on Windows and didn't work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

• Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.
    • Password Manager supports Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS, while also offering seamless integration with Bitdefender’s Safepay browser on Windows. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

Password manager is a standalone service and no longer a module that was included in the antivirus UI. In simple terms, the portfolio has evolved to include an upgraded solution for secure password storage. This means that it's a product that has been developed from scratch and not based on the discontinued Wallet. Having a new offering meant the two password managers could not coexist and the previous service reached its end of life, as it happened with other Bitdefender services over the years, that were retired either because they were no longer being used, or they became obsolete. Concerning this, you can check Bitdefender's EOL policy available here:

To answer your question, yes, Safepay can also be used without the Wallet or Password manager since this was not a condition of functionality in the first place.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Frazzle
    Options

Do you know where I can find information on how to use safepay without using either the wallet or the password manager. I'm curious as to how I could easily enter my login credentials if not using the wallet or the password manager? In the past I've tried copy and paste from a normal screen to the safepay login screen but it didn't seem to work when in the safepay window. Hopefully it doesn't come down to simply having to manually type the information in as that would be way to cumbersome with long complicated passwords?

• Frazzle
    Options

Sorry Alex, you're right I can use Safepay without the wallet or the password manger because copy and paste between the normal desktop and the Safepay desktop does work. Perhaps having the wallet active before might have disabled it? I also had one website that simply forced you to type everything in manually from the keyboard disabling copy and paste as well as drag and drop. I couldn't use those convenient features even with a normal regular browser such as Google Chrome. That was really annoying but nothing to do with Safepay. Thanks for your help and information!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Frazzle,

I'm glad to hear you've found a solution there. For more information on Safepay, you can check the articles below:

Have a great day!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user