Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is there a way to allow blocked sites for specific time periods only?

Options

If I wanted to, say, block YouTube during school hours (like 8am-4pm), can I do that with BitDefender?

It looks like sites can only be completely blocked or completely allowed, but can't apply time windows on either? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @RobT,

Bitdefender Parental Control has a feature called Screen Time that allows parents to set time restrictions on their children’s devices. You could use this to limit the child’s screen time on the device, however a schedule rule means that the child can’t use the device at certain hours that you set.

Depending on the age you set for your child, Bitdefender Parental Control comes by default with a selection of blocked categories. To allow access to a particular website that enters under a category blocked by Parental Control you can add an exception for that URL. Exceptions can be created either from the Bitdefender Central webpage or from the Central app. But this doesn't work the other way around, a website can only have two statuses, blocked or allowed, basically it's not possible to set a timeframe for when the website to become available. The Screen Time is the closest thing to what you require, but then again, this will make the device unavailable for the child to use in the selected time interval.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user