Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Password Manager on Android 14 (beta)

Options
MT999
MT999 Mr
edited October 2023 in Password Manager

Hi, has anyone got PM to work on a device with android 14 beta?

The new Pixel 8 has 14 so I'm assuming Bitdender has it working on that?

My Pixel 7 with the beta 14 crashes the PWM.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @MT999,

As far as I know, Password Manager is not compatible with beta os versions..

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same issue with Pixel 8 pro Android 14

No Beta version.

• Same problem on Google Pixel 8 Pro with Android 14 (not beta).

PM doesn't work, crashes on login.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I see.. have you tried the basics, like reinstalling the app, switching the device on/off and running the app again?

If the app is still crashing I think the Support engineers might have to take a look, because it's difficult to tell what could be causing this and if it's something specific to this os.

You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

From the available contact channels, chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes and please share your findings with the community, if possible, so we can help others that may encounter this behavior.

Thank you and best regards,

Alex

• MT999
    Options

Looks like BD has an issue. I'm pleased with the app on pc and tablet but disappointed with lack of interest with pixel 7 running android 14 beta. It now seems the new flagship pixel 8 is causing issues!

• I will cancel my subscription. Asked for support on help desk. No response so far.

• EF
    Options

I'm having the same problem - Pixel 8, Android 14, Password Manager crashing at login. Really inconvenient when trying to set up a new phone.

• MT999
    Options

Oh dear, again I will say how disappointing it is for BD not to forsee the arrival of Android 14 and a flagship Pixel 8 phone. The Internet has been talking of both for how long???

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

If the app is crashing during login, this has been reported a few times and the behavior is currently under investigation. The developers have reproduction on Pixel 7 with Android 14 as well.

@Christian Oertli based on my findings, the Support engineers replied to you on October 12th. Kindly check your inbox/spam folders for their message.

Regards

• Pixel 8 Pro Android 14, App is still crashing on login. Is there a fix ready for this?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @DOsmond,

The developers are currently gathering more information from the affected users, so I would recommend contacting the Support teams to add your report to the list. This way, the engineers will also be able to update you on the fix. You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• MT999
    Options

Its now December and I'm still waiting for father Xmas to fix PWM for my mobile!!

Early in Oct I and others noted that PWM didn't work with (some??) Google pixel phones with android 14.

BD Support repeatedly tell me "they are aware of the issue and are working on it"

Is it too much to expect a fix anytime soon?

By my simple maths, 3 months of my subscription to PWM has been wasted!

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @MT999,

The developers found the bug and they will fix it. As you can imagine, this is a high priority task, since it affects multiple Android 14 users.

Meanwhile, please navigate to allow Alarms & reminders permission. Steps: Settings/Apps/Password Manager/Alarms & reminders -> allow until they fix it.

Regarding the subscription lifetime, you may contact the Support teams to request a validity extension that covers any lost subscription time, and since it's a known issue, the Bitdefender representatives will grant it to you. If you already have an open ticket with Support, you can reply there and claim your validity extension.

I hope the information is helpful. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Alex

• MT999
    Options

Thank you for the advice. This seems to provide quick fix.

Regards

• Contempathy
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey there long time Pixel phone user first time poster. Any replies indicating that the engineers have replied with an email is meaningless. They are not replying with anything resembling a solution so pointing out that they have responded is moot.

It is almost 2024 and this issue has been reported for months now. How's about Bitdefender does their customers a solid by at least attempting to manage our expectations with an ESTIMATED TIME to REPAIR (ETR)?

• EF
    Options

Thanks for the temporary fix - is there a targeted patch date?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

The situation was first reported on our forum in October and a fix for this behavior is still undergoing development. We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet, but if you've raised a ticket for the Support teams as well, they will get in touch with you as soon as it's implemented by an automatic update of Bitdefender.

Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time. Since product updates are usually released once a month, it may take at least 1 month until a fix is implemented in the product - this does not include the debugging period.

@Contempathy I have also replied to you and shared the workaround on the other thread here:

Let's keep this as the main discussion thread and i'll provide further updates here as soon as we get them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

• Dear Alexandru_BD:

I just received your email message with links to review here, which I've already done. Nothing new on the Open Ticket front.

As a reminder, I'm using BDPM on a Moto Power G (2020) running Android 11. I don't know if I'm experiencing what the Android 14 users are, but I'm unable to login - the app accepts my BD Master Password but rejects as "Wrong Password" my BDPM password. (I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app; makes no difference.) In my current Settings/Apps/Password Manager, there is no "Alarms & Reminders" setting--only "Permissions." I toggled off "Remove permissions if app isn't used" to see if that made a difference. Nope.

I learned yesterday that BDPM isn't working on my partner's laptop--login works but BDPM just cycles; nothing loads. I submitted another online Ticket, with the following error code:

"We are sorry, an error has occurred, please contact support 'Error - Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length')'

/accounts

715ea8ad-fb3f-4106-90be-9b86979c5583

Thu Dec 21 2023 16:46:28 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

1.3.0"

I've tried again twice since--same result. There is no error code displayed but BDPM on her device fails to retrieve any data.

It still works on my Windows 10 device, which is the same vintage as hers.

No response yet.

• EF
    Options

I've been getting a similar intermittent problem on my Mac/Chrome. Resolved it this morning by rebooting. Not helpful if you're in a hurry.

• Thank you for the work around. It worked! This is as good as a permanent fix for me.

I appreciate the follow up!

• DPSthlm
    Options

Bitdefender Password Manager crashes on startup on my Samsung S22 Ultra. And as I can read in this forum there seems not to be any useful solution. Is a refund perhaps best option?

• Flexx
    edited January 3
    Options

Kindly check if below stated steps helps

• Update the app: Make sure you have the latest version of Bitdefender Password Manager installed. You can check for updates in the Play Store.
    • Clear app cache and data: On your S22 Ultra, go to Settings > Apps > Bitdefender Password Manager > Storage > Clear cache and Clear data. Then, try launching the app again.
    • Reinstall the app: Uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender Password Manager from the Play Store.
    • Check Android version compatibility: If you're on a beta version of Android, it's possible that it's incompatible with the app. Ensure you're on a stable version and check Bitdefender's website for compatibility information.

If issue persists, kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Also, @agozob can check on this for you.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @DPSthlm,

Can you tell us when exactly does the app crash? Does it crash after after entering the Master Password?

Thanks,

Alex

• TJHart2010
    Options

Just wanted to bid you all goodbye. I just learned that Bitdefender's policy on refunds is none beyond 30 days; I've already gone to another provider. For the record, I've never gotten a response from Customer Support that has proved to be useful.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @TJHart2010,

I'm sorry to hear this.

For what is worth, I have noticed that the Support teams made an exception given the circumstances and issued a refund for your Password Manager order on technical grounds. The funds should return to your account in about 5 to 7 business days.

I regret this inconvenience and hope you will reconsider Bitdefender one day. I assure you that there has never been a question of not providing useful answers intentionally, but there are certain unknown aspects related to this problem, which is still the subject of an investigation, and when there is no news, they simply had no new information to transmit and all we can do in such situations is to wait.

No matter the security provider you have chosen, stay safe and maybe we'll talk again someday.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

• DPSthlm
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD

The app crashes every time after adding password. I have restarted my phone several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the app ..nothing helps.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @DPSthlm,

Have you already tried this workaround?

please navigate to allow Alarms & reminders permission. Steps: Settings/Apps/Password Manager/Alarms & reminders -> allow until they fix it.

• TJHart2010
    Options

Alexandru_BD - Thank you for taking action on my refund; I just received an email notification from Marius_D that it was happening. Just to be clear: I have been and will remain a loyal Bitdefender Internet Security customer. It's been a terrific app and I have absolutely no complaints. (It's why I went to Password Manager in the first place, after an unauthorized user compromised my master password in another app.) I hope you can clear up this current problem soon.

• DPSthlm
    Options

Thanks @Alexandru_BD, it worked perfectly with your suggested solution "please navigate to allow Alarms & reminders permission. Steps: Settings/Apps/Password Manager/Alarms & reminders -> allow until they fix it."

Awesome, thanks!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @TJHart2010,

By the time I checked, the refund was already issued from Support, so I guess you can thank Marius for that. 🙂 Nevertheless, I'm glad it turned out well, at least this part. I think there may be some dependencies there, mainly the OS, otherwise this would have been resolved sooner. The ball may not be in our court at the moment, but I'm sure the developers are doing their best to find a solution. Thank you for your appreciation and for sticking with us, despite this inconvenience..

@DPSthlm i'm glad to hear this, thank you for your confirmation! 👍️

Regards,

Alex

• pp61
    Options

Just received my new Samsung S9+ with Android 14 but Password crashes after login. Reinstalled but not successful.

Works well on my Samsung Flip 5 with Android 14

• Flexx
    edited January 18
    Options

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Also, @agozob can check on this for you.

Regards

• I just upgraded to a S24 ultra and PM crashes everytime I enter the password. I have un-installed and reinstalled as well as cleared cache and data with no results. Up until now I've had no issues.

• Purchased yesterday to replace LastPass... going back to LastPass.

Samsung Galaxy z Fold 4 running Android 14.

keeps crashing after entering in the Master Password.

uninstall & reinstall, tried clearing cache & data

repeated these steps after a reboot of my phone.

STILL CRASHING!!!! I am assuming that if this has been a ongoing issue since October then the fix may not be coming anytime soon.

• pp61
    Options

Same for me, have to renew in March but will move to other provider as not working on my new Samsung S9

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15
    Options

It is the same for me with my Samsung S21 running Android 14. I enter my Master password, and the app just exits. Very disappointing.

On my device, all permissions are blocked for the BDPM. There is no way to turn them on. The OS specifically mentions that the Camera is blocked. It seems that Android 14 regards the BDPW app as malware.

What is the story, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD ? Is this going to be fixed anytime soon? As it is, the app is useless on my Android 14 phone and the phones of others.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I think this behavior has to do with the OS, hence the difficulties in finding a permanent fix. An investigation is still ongoing. @garioch7 so the permissions are no longer available for the app? That's unusual, so far we had this workaround where we could navigate to allow Alarms & Reminders permission from Settings/Apps/Password Manager/Alarms & reminders -> set to Allow and that temporarily fixed it..

Regards,

Alex

• garioch7
    Options

@Alexandru_BD ,

Welcome back. I hope you had a great vacation.

As I said in my previous post, on my S21 all permissions are blocked. I am unable to unblock any of them. I can't set anything to "Allow." I tried disabling the VPN, but that made no difference.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

It's good to be back @garioch7,

Yes, it was a nice one. 😎

I don't have any other suggestions at the moment, it seems that the issue persists and the workaround was not guaranteed to work in all cases anyway. I'm waiting for updates and I will share them with you as soon as I get them.

Cheers

• garioch7
    Options

@Alexandru_BD ,

Thank you for your comments. I look forward to hearing the updates when you get them.

Have a great day, and glad that you had a nice vacation. Well deserved.

Regards,

Phil

• deano0o
    edited February 26
    Options

They just fixed this for me straight away. Not sure if this has been posted here. But I have a brand new Galaxy S24 Ultra. Password manager crashed everytime I put in the master password and get an app crashed notifcation.

Support just asked me to do this

Please follow this steps: Open Settings on your phone-> Apps-> Password Manager-> Alarms & reminders -> Allow. Let us know if the situation still persist.

Fixed it straight away.

For all those comments above about support. I used their 24/7 chat and they fixed it in like 1min.

• I just did this and it worked! Thanks Dean

• garioch7
    Options

@deano0o ,

That worked for me too. Thank you so much for sharing the support information.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil