Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ignore Hyper-V adapter for VPN

Options
lonewolfs
lonewolfs ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to add the Hyper-V network adapter to the ignore list so that when I turn on the VPN it does not disconnect my Virtual Machines.

Is this possible (by any means)?

I am using Bitdefender Premium VPN

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @lonewolfs,

Have you tried to add the adapter to the Split Tunneling feature? Split Tunneling allows you to route any apps that won’t work with Bitdefender VPN outside the VPN tunnel, to access the Internet directly, but maybe you can use this feature for Hyper-V?

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• lonewolfs
    Options

That might work. I will try and let you know.

• lonewolfs
    Options

I am wondering which file to ignore to achieve this. 🙄

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Only .exe and .com file types can be added to the Split Tunneling list.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• lonewolfs
    Options

I am not sure which executable the Hyper-V VM uses as the network adapter and whether that is represented by a file. I doubt that.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

There isn't a single executable specifically representing the Hyper-V VM network adapter. Network communication in Hyper-V VMs involves several components and doesn't rely on a single, standalone file.

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)