Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender printers anomaly

Options

Hello there my name is Bor.

Im asking help for an anomaly in certain installation of Bitdefender; there the problem.

Got 5 equal machines with windows 11; one of them get all the printers to the status offline.

I've already test out all the solution from windows to bitdefender ; when i bypass the printers from the firewall of bitdefender or i unistall it, the printers back to work out normally.

The others machines have the same policy, packages installation and printers but not this strange issue.

Im glad to receive help.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

So you've added rules to allow the printer IP's through the firewall? That would be the best solution in my opinion. You can find out more if you contact the Support teams with a support tool from the machine(s) affected with the issue.

Generally speaking, if you cannot access, see or use printer when Bitdefender is installed, and if the behavior is fixed when turning the firewall OFF, there are a couple of things to try first.

1. Go to Network Adapters tab and set thenetwork type to Home/Office using the drop-down menu near its name;

2. Then, from the same Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right , then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

If this doesn't help and the printers still appear offline, add a network exception by following the steps in this article:

Last but not least, if the situation persists after following the steps provided above, click on the Settings tab from Firewall module and switch OFF Port scan protection. If nothing helps, then resort to the Support tool and send the logs to the Bitdefender engineers for a more in-depth investigation. You can use the link below to get in touch with them:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes and what worked for you.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Bor
    Options

Hello alex and thanks for the reply.

Forgot to say that im using the EDR SOLUTION of bitdefender(gravity central) so i have policy to launch on the machine. The policy doesnt block anything about printers cause its applied on other 4 machine( equals to the one that have problems ).

II

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Since you need help with business product, @Andrei_S Enterprise (who provides support for business products) could take a look here and help you with the issue.

Also, you can always contact the Bitdefender business support:

Regards.

• Andrei_S Enterprise
    Andrei_S Enterprise Business Support Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hello @Bor ,

Please review the following article which provides a step by step guide on how to troubleshoot the Firewall module which blocks the communication to the network printers.

If you still have issue after following these steps please reach out to our Enterprise Support Team as mentioned by @Gjoksi and one of our engineers will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards!

• Bor
    Options

Im trying out now if this is the issue.

• Bor
    Options

The issue is totally resolved; thanks all for the support