Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Update and Issues loading websites

Options

Hello,

I am desperately trying to troubleshoot a recent issue. Recently, and abruptly, I began having issues whereby websites either load very slowly or I constantly receive a "This Site Can't Be Reached" error page with ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT.

This seems to coincide with a recent Bitdefender update. I am not stating this was the cause, but I am inquiring as to if there is a possibility the update or the firewall is suddenly causing this issue. I read somewhere that some antivirus software settings can also trigger erroneous errors. In this case, “HTTPS inspection” or similar functions can cause the ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT error. Thus, disabling HTTPS scanning can resolve the problem.

I also recently updated Windows, so that may have caused an issue. I am simply on a problem solving quest.

Thank you.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

I think that the best option for you is to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support, as the support engineers could take a deeper look at the issue, so do the steps below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

NOTE: If any of the log file is larger than 25MB, you can upload the log file here:

After the upload is done, you will get a notification with the file's URL and then you can share the file's URL with the Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello,

Try to disable 'Encrypted web scan' first. Go to Protection -> Online Threat Prevention -> Encrypted web scan and toggle the blue switch OFF. If the websites load successfully afterwards, then get in touch with the Support teams to investigate further. If disabling this feature makes no difference, I think the behavior is unrelated to Bitdefender..

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I followed your direction and unfortunately I am still having the same issues. Therefore, as you stated, the issues are probably unrelated to Bidefender. Most likely something in a Window's update caused the problem.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Todd