Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

bitdefender firewall detected a .exe file (RarSFX2\installer.exe)

Options

I installed bitdefender on my computer after the bitdefender firewall detected an .exe file that I decided to block, I looked for the path to the file in file explorer, but could not find it.

Path to the .exe file detected by Bitdefender and blocked by me

C:\Users\USER-NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX2\installer.exe (not found)

Apparently, the .exe file does not exist or was deleted from my system.

But, following the same path, I was able to find two folders that have the same name but different numbering.

"C:\Users\USER-NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0"

"C:\Users\USER-NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX1"

But there is no path to the .exe file that bitdefender blocked. (RarSFX2\installer.exe).

which must be in:

"C:\Users\USER-NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX2\installer" (no encontrado).

Now...

What is RarSFX2?

Because the mentioned path to the .exe file (installer.exe) that blocked the Bitdefender firewall could not be found?

Is this RarSFX2 something I should be worried about?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

RarSFX2 is a temporary folder created by Bitdefender when it extracts files from a self-extracting archive. These archives are typically used to distribute software or updates. The installer.exe file is the executable file that is used to run the installation process.

In this case, it is possible that the installer.exe file was deleted from your system after the installation was complete. However, the RarSFX2 folder may still exist because Bitdefender does not always delete temporary folders.

If you are concerned about the RarSFX2 folder, you can safely delete it. However, you should not delete the RarSFX0 or RarSFX1 folders, as these folders may contain important data.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• are you a moderator?

the RarSFX2 folder is always removed from my system, I installed bitdefender many times and did a clean install of the system many times, but this RarSFX2 folder is always removed and I have no way to check if it is safe or not. 

Do you have any source to corroborate that this is safe? I searched the internet for information on this but the information is unfeasible.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Yes, I am the moderator of the Bitdefender community forum.

As checked,  RarSFX2 contains temporary files and it safe to delete it manually or if it gets deleted by the bitdefender setup itself.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I confirm as well, good answer from @Flexx 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user