Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to allow Miracast?

Options

Hello,

how can I create a rule that allows Miracast for wireless connection to do screensharing with a Samsung TV? I have tried everything. It discovers the screen but it cannot establish a connection.

Thanks!

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @Martin5467,

I think the Firewall is causing this. Set network adapters to home office and stealth mode to off. The TV should prompt you to allow the connection, and you may have missed it, so it's better to reset the firewall rules you have set previously and remove the miracast/tv from the network, and reconnect them again.

Later edit: I have noticed that the Support representatives also sent you detailed instructions for this:

In order to screen-cast to a wireless TV, please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Bitdefender app.
    2. Go to Protection > Firewall > Settings.
    3. Go to the Network Adapters tab and make sure that all of your network adapters are set to Home/Office.
    4. Go to the Settings tab > Stealth Mode > Edit stealth settings and turn off Stealth Mode for all of your network adapters.
    5. *Make sure to change the settings for all of your network adapters.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user