Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does bitdefender block malicious content on websites?

Options

I am using the free version of the Bitdefender software. I don't have the Firefox add-on installed.

I went on a website called "wallpaperflare.com" and I received a Bitdefender pop-up stating that it had blocked a website called "custodycraveretard.com". I don't remember the exact phrasing of the Bitdefender pop-up, but it said something along the lines of "You can keep browsing this website safely".

I scanned both links on virustotal.com and wallpaperflare.com was not flagged as malicious. "custodycraveretard.com" has been flagged by 12 vendors as a malicious or phishing site.

My question is, when this message pops-up is bitdefender simply notifying you that the site is malicious, or is it simultaneously blocking malicious content?

I apologize if this comes off as trivial, I'm just not well-versed in cybersecurity stuff.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

When Bitdefender displays a pop-up message stating that it has blocked a website, it is doing two things:

1. Notifying you that the website is malicious: This is the primary purpose of the pop-up message. Bitdefender wants to warn you that the website you are trying to visit is known to be malicious and could potentially harm your device or steal your personal information.
    2. Blocking malicious content: In addition to notifying you, Bitdefender is also actively blocking any malicious content from being downloaded or executed on your device. This includes things like malware, phishing scripts, and other harmful code.

So, in the case of the "custodycraveretard.com" website, Bitdefender was not only notifying you that the site was malicious, but it was also actively blocking any malicious content from being downloaded or executed on your device. This is why you were able to safely browse the "wallpaperflare.com" website even though you had tried to visit the malicious "custodycraveretard.com" website beforehand.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)