Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pre-existing virus to installation of Bitdefender

Options

My iMac with OS 12.6 got infected and frequently displays flags in the upper right of the screen with various messages pertaining to viruses on my computer. Some of the messages reference “my Norton” or “McAfee” antivirus. Other messages promote renewal of those programs. I NEVER HAD ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ON MY COMPUTER UNTIL I LOADED BITDEFENDER YESTERDAY!

When I downloaded Bitdefender yesterday I expected it to scan my computer, identify the virus and remove it, but, it did not. What should I do?

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You might be a victim of adware, so follow the steps from this article:

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

To add here @Gjoksi,

@BartP the notifications and pop-ups in this situation do not have anything malicious attached to them, but when you click on them, they will redirect to malicious sites that try to collect your data or install abusive or dangerous software. Fake antivirus/infection messages are making the rounds these days, so watch out.

Bitdefender cannot take any direct measures related to this type of notifications, such as adware that you agreed on or something you enabled, like site setting, site notification, redirects in your browser or installed toolbars, extensions or applications. For this reason, the antivirus cannot remove such pop-ups by itself, but you can confidently apply the recommended solutions posted by Gjoksi above.

Let us know how it went.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user