Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender blocked update for Roboform?

Options

Roboform password manager just send an update. For some reason, Bitdefender blocked it and labeled it as malicious behavior?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @Goldie5513 and welcome back on the forum.

You could try to add the Roboform .exe as an exception for the Advanced Threat Defense module, as I think that's the one that's blocking the update. Click on the link below for a detalied guide on how to add exceptions for ATD:

Let us know if Roboform could update successfully afterwards.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am a longtime user of Roboform and Bitdefender. I am running the latest version of Roboform (9..5.6.6.).

I have never experienced BD blocking Roboform updates. It is NOT an exception in either of my computers.

@Alexandru_BD , at the risk of sounding stupid (but that's how you learn), why would BD block Roboform updates on one computer and not on all computers? Could it be related to regions, languages, or different servers?

I would appreciate your expertise. We are not seeing multiple reports of BD blocking Roboform updates.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @garioch7 Phil :)

This was recently posted, does it make any sense to you?

Just thought you might be interested.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Scott ,

Thank you. It sounds to me like BD might have had a buggy signature release since the problem resolved itself. It would seem that my computers did not update Roboform during however long that FP was being detected.

Thanks again, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I also suspect a false positive that has been fixed by the Bitdefender labs in the meantime.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user