Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

GravityZone Business Security - Blocking random sites

Options
WRRIT
WRRIT Technical Support Lead Engineer

Hi,

I hope I find better help here than I have received from Bitdefender Support. I actually have two issues, but I'm going to start with this one and will start a new post for the other.

Company background: We are 100% remote, with no servers, firewalls, switches, etc. Everyone works off of their laptops from home and we are spread across the country. We use Google Workspace for email, storage, etc.

Recently, we've had about 10 - 12 Macs that started having issues with sites being blocked, or actually, the browser doesn't recognize the SSL cert. These are everyday sites that we use, Google Drive, Adobe, even our own website. It happens with Safari & Chrome, but I have not tried it with other browsers. It's odd that it only affects some people. They are even on different ISPs, along with different brand modems/routers.

I've done extensive troubleshooting, but I have not be able to resolve this issue. Below is what I have done:

• Checking for updates: macOS (already updated to Sonoma), Chrome
  • Rebooting, with & without reopening same windows.
  • Clear cache/cookies in both browsers
  • Flush DNS
  • Disconnect/reconnect to wifi
  • Change DNS from AT&T to Cloudflare
  • Flush DNS again
  • Scanned with Malwarebytes & Bitdefender Endpoint Security. Nothing found
  • Disabled IPV6

I finally found that when I uninstalled Bitdefender, the issue went away. (This is part of my second issue, when I uninstall it, it will reinstall itself, so the issue returns.) I contacted support and they had me create a new policy that disables Network Protection, and I pushed it out to all of the devices, 70'ish. Unfortunately, this has not resolved the issue.

Our subscription doesn't run out until July, so we are stuck with them until then. Has anyone come across this issue before or have any idea as to how to fix it?

One other note, I'm attaching pics, but this is from when I first encountered the issue, and they are not everyday sites that we use. Since more issues were reported, that's when I saw that it was affecting GDrive, our website, etc. Also, the first pic, only the pics were blocked (uggs.com), the other is typical of the the issues encountered.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Kindly contact Bitdefender Business Support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html?last_page=BusinessCategory.

Additionally, you can reach out to @Andrei_S Enterprise from the Enterprise team, and they will be able to assist you.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Andrei_S Enterprise
    Andrei_S Enterprise Business Support Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hello @WRRIT ,

In this scenario we need to determine what is the root cause of the issue as it's not a standard behavior.

Logs will have to be collected and analyzed by my colleagues from Enterprise Support in order to provide a proper solution. I have identified your support case (will share it in private) and will reach out to my colleagues to continue the investigation.

From what I have checked there was no feedback from your side regarding the steps proposed and so the ticket was automatically closed due to inactivity but rest assured I will reopen the case and share all the details provided here so we can continue the investigation.

Kind Regards