Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How could I recover a backup of Bitdefender Wallet

Options
wvdv
edited December 2023 in Privacy

My laptop has crashed and I want to recover my passwords from a Wallet backup . A new installation doesn't support this anymore, because EOL

When I use bdwtxcon.exe to make a csv file, it can't find the wallet because it's not in the suspected map, and I can't copy to it (no rights).

Is there a work around?

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> select your Bitdefender product, for example Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Befog contacting support as @Gjoksi said, you can give the below steps a try

1. Thorough Search for Wallet File:
      • Use Windows Search to look for files named "wallet.dat" or "wallet.bdw" on your entire hard drive.
      • Check hidden folders (e.g., AppData) and temporary files (e.g., %TEMP%).
    2. Attempt Recovery with bdwtxcon.exe:
      • If you find the wallet file, try running bdwtxcon.exe from an elevated command prompt (right-click > Run as administrator).
      • Provide the correct path to the wallet file when prompted.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)