Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does the VPN enable you to watch UK TV (specifically Channel 5) from abroad

Options

Hi all

I have the premium subscription. Access to BBC channels from abroad using the VPN connection to a UK located server seems to work well. But Channel 5 does not. Is there any known issue with accessing Channel 5 in this way. Get an error message saying it thinks the connection is coming from outside the UK despite being connected to a VPN UK server location.

Answers

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi Crisbbacon,

Welcome on the forum !

I guess the true message from them is: "we know you use a VPN, so move off!"

You could try maybe:

With the Premium VPN you have two addresses: London and Manchester.

Or you simply try the Manchester IP address, since the "double hop" is supposed to slow down the connection. Another issue.

I do not know if it will work.

I have had issues with well-known companies which block my usual VPN and need to use small countries VPN.

Sometimes it works.

An expert will probably give you a better answer than me.

Best regards,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Crisbbacon and welcome to the Community!

Certain websites practice geo-blocking as a way of limiting access based on the user’s geographical location. Geo-blocking is done by identifying the IP address. Some services have mechanisms that block VPN traffic. This can lead to issues with apps like streaming services, online games, and email clients when Bitdefender VPN is turned on. For example, you might notice that a particular app can’t connect or that sending/receiving emails becomes impossible. There are a few things to try. The first thing to try is changing the server. Second thing would be to route any apps that won’t work with Bitdefender VPN outside the VPN tunnel, to access the Internet directly. This can be achieved using the Split Tunneling feature. Click on the article below for more information:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user