Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

suspicious connection blocked

Options

i was on the phone with Spectrum while they helped me activate a new modem. During that time I received several Suspicious Connection Blocked notifications. Did i receive these notifications because the new modem wasn't fully activated yet? I have since gone back to firefox and received NO new notifications. I have System Scanned the computer twice and message is computer is safe to use.

Do i need to 'add to exceptions' for each of the warnings still showing red? Or now just ignore them? Is my computer and Safepay still safe to use?

The notifications read: We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since the used certificate was issued for a different web address than the targeted one.

Online Threat Prevention

1) firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to mozilla.cloudflare-dns.com and

2) msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to config.edge.skype.com

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @Camma,

Given the scenario you have described, it appears that something triggered Bitdefender's Encrypted web scan during the modem activation and I don't think there was any real threat. Click on the article below to find out more about this notification and the steps you can take to suppress it, if still present:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user