Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

SoftRaid

Options

I received a message on my machine (an iMac M3) (not sure where it popped up) that BitDefender is incompatible with OWC SoftRaid. I have a SATA external array that was created using this software. I can find no documentation of that incompatibility and I'm wondering if it is actually true. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Troubleshooting Steps:

• Bitdefender Updates: Ensure you're using the latest Bitdefender version, as updates often address compatibility issues.
    • SoftRaid Updates: Similarly, check for updates to OWC SoftRaid.
    • Reinstallation: Consider reinstalling Bitdefender, SoftRaid, or both to see if it resolves the conflict.
    • Temporary Exclusion: If necessary, temporarily exclude your SoftRaid array from Bitdefender's scans to assess compatibility.

Official Verification:

• Consult OWC Documentation: Check OWC's official documentation or knowledge base for compatibility information regarding SoftRaid and antivirus software.
    • Contact Bitdefender Support: Contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/. Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call. If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thank you for the complete and well-though-out response. I'll post back what I discover.

Regards!

• Ok, I finally was able to replicate the error and it is on the Softraid side. Apparently Bitdefender modifies the OS so that Sofraid cannot run properly. In my case it appears to be working, but I'm simply going to stop using Softraid for now . Thanks you again!