Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Anti-Tracker Chrome Extension vs. Canadian Tire

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Of Interest Only to Canadians

I had been puzzled for some time that when I went to order online at Canadian Tire, there was no option to sign in showing in either Chrome or Edge. It had been working correctly up until a few months ago.

Several days ago, I decided to investigate. I have the mobile Canadian Tire app for Android, and that worked fine. I then discovered that if I activated Incognito Mode in Chrome, the Canadian Tire Page loaded fully, including a Sign-In option. I started disabling my extensions one by one and discovered that the Bitdefender Anti-Tracker extension was the culprit. It was not giving any notices. I have whitelisted "www.canadiantire.ca" and all is good. I have also reported the FP to Bitdefender, but this being the holidays, I do not expect a swift reply.

So for my fellow Canucks who do online ordering at Canadian Tire or want to check their Triangle rewards points with Chrome-based browsers and who have the Bitdefender Anti-Tracker extension installed, this might be of interest.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Did you mention that the false positive is with the Anti Tracker extension? Since the reporting website only offers adding and removal of detection of files and URLs, it implies that if the link is not malicious, it will be removed. Currently, the web protection is not blocking the URL. This means you will have to contact support and inform them that the issue is with the Anti Tracker extension. Because, as far as I know, the reporting website does not have anything to do with the Anti Tracker extension.

As per the Bitdefender Google Chrome extension page, you can email them at addons@bitdefender.com if you have any issues related to the extension.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Flexx ,

I was quite explicit that the problem was the BD Anti-Tracker extension stopping the display of certain page elements. I am sure that my report will be forwarded to the correct department for investigation.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

I have seen many ad blockers and anti-tracker tools causing the breaking of pages, as some websites require cookies. Often, these ad blocker and anti-tracker extensions block the cookies, leading to webpage breakdowns or complete failure to show up. This is one drawback of these extensions.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)