Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

wscript.exe blocked, possibly caused issues.

Options

I ran a javascript doc by accident and Bitdefender listed it as malware. I'm 99% positive that the doc isn't infected and that it was a false positive.

When this happened I noticed that my notepad text documents all have .txt in the title now. I believe this may have switched the view in my File Explorer to show File Name Extensions. I'm not sure if there's any other things that occurred due to this either.

Will this cause issues for wscript moving forward or was it only the specific javascript doc that was affected?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

If you believe that a website or file has been incorrectly blocked by Bitdefender, you can share the details with our malware researchers by filling out the form at the link provided below: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29358/

If the website or file is indeed incorrectly blocked, the detection will be removed within a maximum of 72 hours. However, if the detection still persists after 72 hours, please consider the website or file as malicious, as determined by our malware researchers, and the detection will remain.

Also, can you share the virustotal link of the file.

Regards 

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Follow the steps from this article:

Regards.

• DragonKeep
    edited January 2
    Options

wscript.exe is a legit part of the Windows 11 OS.

Did Bitdefender damage or cause issues to wscript or just to the javascript doc I tried to open?

I wondering if I'm going to have an issue with wscript and have to do some kind of repair for it, if that's possible. New to Windows 11 so I'm still getting used to things.