Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Total Security blocking site links.

Options

I am finding that Bitdefender system updates are blocking links on sites without asking me. I get the feeling that perhaps its going the same way as HAL in 2001 a Space Odessey.

I like the idea of being safe, but will not tolerate a machine taking over my life.

Am I alone in this problem, is it time to look elsewhere for a security system?

Comments

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month
    Options

I also use Bitdefender, and I thought that I was probably accessing it by referring to the SSL inspection information of the site I was accessing, but I have not updated the browser on my computer or used the Bitdefender anti-virus browser add-on.

If you allow it with the tracker function, you will be able to browse the site, so please try it.

• Dogdays
    Options

So where do I find the tracker function?

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Dogdays ,

Instructions can be found here:

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month
    edited January 8
    Options

Bitdefender software's privacy items, anti-tracker enablement part,

Slide each browser function to enable in the Bitdefeder anti-tracker item, enable it in the add-on item on each browser, and when you browse the site from there, you can see the Bitdefender anti-tracker in the top right corner.

If you select "Register the current site to the list" in the item (gear mark), you will be able to view the registered site from the next time using the whitelist process.

Please check the add-on items for each browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge).