Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to setup Bitdefender to allow Milestone XProtect through from External addresses

Options

I am able to use XProtect when the firewall is off. I have followed the Milestone recommendations as best as I can using the limited options in Bitdefender Firewall settings. Noting I have tried is working. Here is the input from Milestone:

The XProtect® Corporate and XProtect® Expert Administrator's manuals explain which ports the products use. However, Windows Firewall also allows you to create exceptions for specific programs. This article describes which applications should have exceptions in Windows Firewall. This article assumes that the Management Server hosts the Event Server.

On the Management Server:

• C:\Program Files\Milestone\XProtect Management Server\VideoOS.Server.Service.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Milestone\XProtect Event Server\VideoOS.Event.Server.exe
  • World Wide Web Services (HTTP)

On Recording Servers:

• C:\Program Files\Milestone\XProtect Recording Server\VideoOS.Recorder.Service.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Milestone\XProtect Recording Server\Drivers\NativeDrivers\proxysrv\ProxySrv.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Milestone\XProtect Recording Server\Drivers\NativeDrivers\proxysrv\DeviceDiscoveryProxySrv.exe

On Failover Servers:

• The Recording Server and Device Pack executables above plus C:\Program Files\Milestone\XProtect Recording Server\VideoOS.Failover.Service.exe

On all Servers:

• C:\Program Files\Milestone\XProtect Data Collector Server\VideoOS.DataCollector.Service.exe

On XProtect® Smart Clients when you use Matrix view elements:

• C:\Program Files\Milestone\XProtect Smart Client\Client.exe

Another post lists the following:

4. In the New Inbound Rule Wizard, for Rule Type, select Port and click Next.

5. In the Protocol and Ports window, select TCP and select Specific local ports. Enter ports 135, 445 and select Next.

6. In the Action window, select Allow the connection and select Next.

7. In the Profile window, leave all three profiles selected and select Next.

8. In the Name window, name the rule Milestone Software Manager TCP ports and select Finish to complete the wizard.

9. In the Actions pane on the right, select New Rule. Select Custom and then Next.

10. In the Program window, select All programs and then Next.

11. In the Protocol and Ports window, from the Protocol type drop-down list, select TCP. From the Local port drop-down list, select RPC Dynamic Ports. Select Next to continue.