Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Firewall Turns off

Options

For the last few months my BD Firewall mysteriously turns off without me being notified and Defender is turned on. Been trying to resolve on my own with no luck.

I appreciate any thoughts on what is going on and how to resolve.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

or

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

NOTE: If the log file is larger than 25MB, you can upload the log file here:

After the upload is done, you will get a notification with the file's URL and then you can share the file's URL with the Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Dutchman5898,

In the event the issue persists after applying the above repair procedure, before contacting the Support teams, check if this article helps:

Let us know the results and I shall advise further.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Dutchman5898
    Options

Gjoksi & Alexandru

Thanks for the help. It pointed me in the right directions to solve the problem….. Since I previously uninstalled Bitdefender, I made sure BFE was installed and running. However, there was no BFE “key” associated with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE\. 

Not knowing what else may be missing, I elected to download and execute the contents of BFE_repair.zip. That resulted in my system encountering a BFE 1803 error, which I knew how to address via w11-bfe-service.zip; which is attached. Then I created the BFE “key” and set its permissions to allow the following for BFE:

·       Query Value

·       Set Value

·       Create Subkey

·       Enumerate Subkeys

·       Notify

·       Read Control (this was added by default when the BFE”key” was add)

It's been almost 32 hr. since the above fix was made. So far Bit Defender Firewall stays activated and all appears to work as it should.

Yep, I probably could have done the same thing after running BRE_repair, I just wasn’t sure if all the appropriate registry items for Windows 11 were added/repaired.

Thanks for the help. Stay well.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Happy to help, thanks for following up 👍🏻

You too

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user