Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

cloud files detected after running scan

Options

how do i tell what files those are - i do not use cloud for storage or anything else

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Share the screenshot here.

I promoted you to level 2 so that you can share the screenshot.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• gene0001
    Options

dont have screen shot - after full scan i got

Cloud files detected - files stored on line will be auto scanned when opened

what files are stored in the cloud - I do not use the cloud for anything

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

It seems like you are talking about the cloud-based detection that your Bitdefender shows up after a full scan.

Bitdefender does not store any files in the cloud. Let me explain how cloud-based detection works in very simple terms with the help of an example.

Imagine you and your friends all have phones. Each phone has a tiny guard who checks for bad guys (malware). But the guards don't know all the bad guys in the world!

So, they send reports to a big, smart castle in the sky (the cloud). In the castle, super-fast computers compare the reports to a giant book of bad guys and tricks (threat database).

If a bad guy match is found, the castle sends instructions back to the guards, like "Stop that guy!" or "Lock him up!" This keeps everyone safe!

The best part? The castle learns new bad guys all the time, and sends updates to all the guards, so nobody gets caught by the same trick twice.

That's how cloud-based antimalware works! It's like a superhero team in the sky protecting all your devices.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)