Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security/Protection/Video- and audioprotection/Microphone monitor.

Options
edited February 2 in Privacy

Good morning (00:10 the Haghe NL),

Yesterday I purchased this suite and today the VPN Premium. Absolute fantastic!

I have a question about the microphone monitor. It gives a notification when an app activates my microphone. SnagIt seems to activate my microphone. Why? I don't have a clue. It's just an app I use for making screenshots.

But.. the notification is one thing - blócking another. I want to block it completely for all apps.

The webcam can be turned off permanently - several options too.

I'm a rookie 😁 so íf something should be possible, I'd be very happy to hear that!

Thanks.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @0061 and welcome to Bitdefender and the community!

I'm happy to hear you are enjoying the software. 🙂

Here's everything you need to know about the Bitdefender Microphone monitor:

Rogue apps may access your built-in microphone silently or in the background without your consent. To make you aware of potential malicious exploits, Bitdefender Microphone monitor will give you notice of such events.

The notifications will help ensure that no app will be able to gain access to your microphone without your consent.

Let us know if you have any questions and tell us how the product is working so far.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

edited February 2
    Options

Hi Alex, thanks for your response.

Found that microphone, but a. can't deactivate it (stays blue) and b. I didn't understand disabling that mike icon meant the app didn't have any access from that moment on.

Just monitoring and no action.

Snagit doesn't start automatically with Windows. I'll try to remove this notification, start Snagit again and see what's possible.

Edit: no, unfortunately same situation. I never use the microphone, so changed the access in Windows.