Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

how to close community window

Options

I brought up the community trouble-shooting window and cannot close it on a windows11 pc.

The window is https://community.bitdefender.com/en/categories/windows

I have tried shutting it down; logged in and logged out; rebooted; cleared cookies; and searched google and bitdefender community for an answer

It works fine but will not go away. Spam?

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them. You can also use a different device, in the event the one displaying the issue you have described doesn't allow you to access the Support Center. I would not touch the Bitdefender processes just yet, the engineers will guide you through what needs to be done to fix this.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Norburn,

Maybe you have pinned the tab? What happens after restart when you open a new browser window, is it still there?

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have tried new windows but the old Bitdefender window is still there. I tried a different browser and it is still there. I tried to stop the task but there are so many bitdefender tasks, I did not know which one to stop. I can log into Bitdefender but when I click support, nothing happens. Some links work and some do not. I can log into Bitdefender Central and it seems to work.

All problems seemed to start when I installed Bitdefender Premium. I will try uninstalling it and see.

• As the problems seem to arise after upgrading to Premium VPN, I just uninstalled it; cleared cookies; and rebooted. It did changed nothing.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed

OS Build 19045.3996

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

BD Total Security 27.0.27.130

BD Password Manager 1.3.0 On Google Chrome 121.0.6167.161 x64

BD Password Manager 1.3.1 On Mozilla Firefox 122.0.1 x64

BD Password Manager 1.3.0 On Microsoft Edge 121.0.2277.110 x64

uBlock Origin 1.55.0 On Google Chrome 121.0.6167.161 x64

uBlock Origin 1.55.0 On Mozilla Firefox 122.0.1 x64

uBlock Origin 1.55.0 On Microsoft Edge 121.0.2277.110 x64

BD Anti-Tracker Not Installed On Google Chrome 121.0.6167.161 x64

BD Anti-Tracker Not Installed On Mozilla Firefox 122.0.1 x64

BD Anti-Tracker Not Installed On Microsoft Edge 121.0.2277.110 x64

I have no problems with opening and/or closing that tab (window) or any other tab (window) on all the three browsers.

That happens only if i pin the tab, that way the tab stays even when i close the browser, so the next time i open the browser, the tab is still there. If i unpin the tab and close the tab and/or the browser, the tab will be closed/gone.

Regards.