Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

MT4

Options

Hi all, I am new to this but I have had Bitdefender for many years. I have a problem as it has suddenly put my MT4 program into quarantine. It is asking for me to chose another path to restore it. However, when I chose another path, it says " The system does not have rights to access the specified path"

This is very frustrating as I use this MT4 platform everyday to earn money.

If somebody could help I would be very grateful.

Thanks in anticipation

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you so much, solved the problem instantly

• Hi Dave131,

I have exactly the same problem, been using MT4 for 10 years, now all of a sudden bitdefender doesn't like it and quarantines it everyday.

It is very annoying that is quarantines without asking, so the next day when I try to open the software it has been removed.

Again, like others putting it into exceptions has no effect and it is again quarantined the next day.

Anyone in the support team have any idea how I can resolve this ongoing issue.

• Is it worth me uninstalling and re-installing the MT4 software, would Bitdefender then tell me what the problem is ?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Dollaryen,

I would recommend contacting the Support teams so they can check the app with the security researchers and see if it can be considered PuP (potentially unwanted program) and if it's possible to remove the tag.

You can reach the Bitdefender engineers using this link:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello,

Bitdefender must react quickly / Metatrader 4.

I have the same important problem.

I called the Support few hours ago but they didn't answered me yet.

On my side, I tried everything in vain.

How is it possible to block the most used trading platform in the world?

Regards

Jean

• I finally managed to get Bitdefender to accept it into the exceptions folder but had to restore it at least 4 times before having any success. Would be better if it gave a message saying it was going to quarantine a file or program instead of just doing it and leaving us scratching our heads trying to work out what has happened.

I presume the latest update to Bitdefender and / or MT4 was trying to access something the antivirus didn't like, quite what I do not know.

On a slightly different note, does anybody else's Bitdefender completely lock their pc up when it downloads its latest update, I am unable to do anything for at least 5 minutes as everything goes to 100% usage.