Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

App lock not working

Options

I've noticed that the App Lock feature in Bitdefender Mobile Security works for a period and then suddenly stops. Any advice on troubleshooting or resolving this issue?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Aneehs and welcome to the Community!

In order to fix this issue, follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings and scroll down to Installed Apps;
    2. Tap on Bitdefender Security;
    3. Tap on Permissions;
    4. Make sure that the Display pop-up window permission is enabled; if not, please tap on it and set it to Accept.

Also, please check that Bitdefender Mobile Security is excluded from the Battery Optimization settings:

1. Go to Settings and tap on Battery & Performance;
    2. Under Battery Saving, tap on Choose Applications;
    3. Tap on Bitdefender Security and choose No Restrictions

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have tried these options, it will work for a few minutes and then again stops

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 27
    Options

I understand. Sounds like a task for the Support teams then:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Skismo
    Options

Hi Aneehs, please let me know if you find a fix as I have been having the same issue for the last few weeks as well. I have a Samsung s23 ultra.

• No fix yet,I am having the same phone.

• btomaz
    Options

App Lock function is completely unreliable and does not protect any apps. Many comments are pointing out the BD App Lock issue, but the company seems to be ignoring it. I tried every by BD suggested solution without success. This issue forced me to use a third-party product that works well, what BD should, especially since I pay for BD 🤔 I suggest BD to make App Lock a separate app or remove it from BD functionality. Have Samsung S23 Ultra, UI 1.6.