Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender shut down to update itself while I was using Safepay! Can I stop it doing that?

Options
Razldazl
edited March 6 in Privacy

I'd just logged into my bank with Safepay. Without warning, Bitidefender shut itself down to update and I lost the session. This hasn't happened before. Can I stop it happening again in the future?

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Razldazl and welcome to the Community!

All Bitdefender processes close when updating, however, you are right that there should be a warning popup if Safepay is actively being used at that moment. Therefore, the developers will have a look at a mechanism by which this can be achieved. Currently, there isn't a workaround for this. Another member reported the same behavior in the thread below and this is when I forwarded the observation to the development teams for consideration:

Thank you for joining us here.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Razldazl
    Options

Thanks for the response. I'd very much appreciate a warning popup when Bitdefender is about to update - whether on Safepay or not - because I always find it a bit unnerving when it just shuts down without warning.

• Razldazl
    Options

For the time being I've decided to disable the 'silent update' as a sort of workaround. So far it seems to be doing what I want - giving me advance warning of an update, so I can choose when to action it.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Razldazl ,

Thanks for sharing your "workaround." Very good. Just be sure to turn Silent auto-updates back on when you are finished with your SafePay session to maximize your protection.

Hopefully, the BD development team will find a solution in the near future.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Good point @Razldazl I didn't think of that. It's true, whenever the silent update option is checked, you won't get any update notifications, as the antivirus will perform the update operation in the background. Well done.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user