Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocking e-mail from the same site

Options
Irene999
edited March 14 in Privacy

I've been receiving spam e-mails from a site (domain) that I never signed up on. I record them as spam, but I still keep getting them. I tried to unsubscribe, but I received a warning that the site wasn't safe. How do I stop these e-mails? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Irene999,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. It is impossible to stop spam emails. Unsubscribing usually just informs the spammer that your email address is legitimate. That leads to more spam emails.

Some paid Bitdefender products offer an Email Protection component.

That BD component does not stop spam emails, but it does flag them.

There are specialized spam email detection/filtering products from other software companies that analyze emails in your online mailboxes. You can set them to auto-delete emails based on various rules that you create. I have a lifetime license for one such product myself.

If you wish to send me a Personal Message (just click on my name and select "Message"), I will tell you what product I have been using for years. Forum policy prevents me from sharing the details and the URL here in a public Forum post.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Irene999,

In addition to @garioch7's insightful advice, if you are using a supported mail client – Outlook or Thunderbird, you can easily add the senders of the spam messages to the spammers' list using Bitdefender's Antispam module. Here's how it works:

Furthermore, here are several steps you can take to minimize the amount of spam you receive:

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user