I have accessed a malware page

By mistake, I ignored the bitdefender warning and accessed a malware page. How can I know that my phone is not infected?

The device analyzes do not detect anything and I have not observed anything strange on the device, can I rest assured?

Answers

• Hello @AngelB and welcome to the Community.

If you've accidentally accessed a potentially malicious webpage on your phone, there are several steps you can take to check if your device has been infected. If the scan doesn't reveal anything concerning, look for any unusual behavior on your phone, such as unexpected pop-up ads, apps crashing frequently, or sudden battery drain. These can be signs of malware infection.

Go through your list of installed apps and remove any that you don't recognize or don't remember installing. Some malware disguises itself as legitimate apps. Review the permissions granted to each app on your phone. If you notice any apps with suspicious permissions or ones that you didn't knowingly grant, consider uninstalling them.

It's important to ensure that your phone's operating system, as well as all apps, are up to date. Developers often release updates to patch security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malware.

If you're still concerned, you can reset your phone to its factory settings. This will erase all data and apps, so make sure to back up any important information beforehand. If you're unsure or suspect your device might still be infected, contact the phone manufacturer's support, or Bitdefender's Customer Service for further assistance.

Remember to be cautious when browsing online, and always heed warnings from your antivirus software to avoid potential threats in the future.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited March 14

Additionally, you can install the VirusTotal Mobile app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funnycat.virustotal&hl=en&gl=US) from Google Play Store, which will scan all your apps on your Android device with multiple antimalware vendors.

Also, you can download a cache cleaner app from the Google Play Store to clear the cache files. These files are temporary files created by different apps installed on your Android OS. It's best to install a cache cleaner app from a trusted manufacturer. You can download the Norton Cache Cleaner app from the Google Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symantec.cleansweep&hl=en_US), which is a reputed app manufacturer.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)