Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Critical Windows Update

Options

I have completed a Vulnerability Scan... a "Critical" Windows Update is shown as in need of installing. I pressed the button... to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem?

20024-01 Security Update for Windows 22H2 for 64x based systems (KB5034441)

If so what is the solution, if any at all. Unfortunately I am far from being a "techie" so please explain in "simple" terms if possible.

Thanking you in advance.

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

This is known Windows (not Bitdefender) issue and has been discussed here (just click on "View Post"):

Check my comments there from January 11, January 13 and January 14.

All you have to do is to follow the steps from my comment on January 14 and the update will be installed.

If you are not a tech savvy person, maybe your best option is to ask for help from an IT professional.

Regards.

Answers

• Young Alex
    Options

Thanks Gjoski,

I have had a look at other threads and from what I can gather this is to do with a physical threat rather than one posed on the web....and only if a particular facility is being used in Widows Pro... I shudder at the thought of getting involved in setting up or removing partitions without a "tech savvy" person on hand to tackle something that probably won't have any real impact upon me or my computer. I think like many this is just part of MS running Windows 10 down so that we are forced into buying Windows 11. Thanks for your time and savvy understanding of what is needed... unfortunately we were still on black and white televisions when I left school..... I think this will remain an update that will not be made by me.