Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan found trojan in Outlook OST

Options

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. I have scanned the entire system yesterday and it returned this issue regarding my .ost file for my Outlook profile. The thing is I do not know how to identify the actual e-mail in question. I have searched the entire inbox based on the subject and couldn`t find anything.

Thank you in advance.

Have a great day!

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandrion ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forum. I would recommend that you upload the .ost file to VirusTotal.

If fewer than five of the many scanners detect the file as malware, then this is probably a False Positive.

If so, you should file a False Positive report to Bitdefender so that they can investigate. If it is indeed a False Positive, then they will remove the detection within 72 hours.

Please keep us posted. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandrion
    Options

Thank you!

There is a small problem with my ost file, it is almost 20GB 😂. I won`t be able to upload it to VirusTotal.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandrion ,

That is a very LARGE Outlook profile!

You should contact Support. They might want to do a remote session.

The fastest way to reach them is Chat. Telephone support is not toll-free. There is also an email option.

Please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You could follow the steps from this article:

Regards.