Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Netgear Armor - Bitdefender Total Security Quarantined files

Options

Hi all,

I just installed Bitdefender Total Security (by Netgear Armor) the other day after installing my new router.

Bitdefender went a bit crazy on my nearly new PC setup, and mistakenly quarantined a python file that I need for one of my apps to work.

I checked the user guide link in-app, as well as googled for an answer, but everything's saying to go to Protection > Antivirus. My version doesn't have an Antivirus tab, it has a settings button under "Online Threat Prevention".

I go to that section and I see "Manage Exceptions". I should see "Manage Quarantine" underneath there, but there's nothing. I've checked every section I can think of to find how to restore quarantined files, but I'm just not seeing an option for it.

Does anyone who may be running BD Total Security for Netgear Armor know how to do this, or if it's possible?

Thanks for any assistance

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru,

Thanks for the reply. I actually just got it working last night. I noticed in the Orbi app that even though I had my free subscription for the full year, it said my subscription was "cancelled", and did I want to re-activate it.

When I re-activated, all of the menus I wasn't seeing before, suddenly showed up. I was able to see the section for "Manage quarantined files" and get the file unquarantined.

I don't know if that information may help someone else who just purchased this service. But I do like Bitdefender so far.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Neuromancer2112,

Thank you for following up. I'm glad to hear the situation was resolved. Your feedback is appreciated and surely it will prove helpful to other users who may encounter this in the future.

Enjoy your Bitdefender and have a good time here.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user