Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

saving password recovery key

Options

looking for a little guidance…. Just purchased & enabled Password Mgr..

How do I best store the password recovery key PDF document that I just received to ensure it is never stolen ?

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Warren N ,

You could print it and store it in a Safety Deposit Box for maximum security. Personally, I store the .pdf file on my computer, which is backed up weekly to an external hard drive that I only connect for making backups, and then store it in a strong box. I also backup my important data files to a USB Flash drive and a second external hard drive that I store securely.

There is an old saying that you can never have TOO many backups. Better safe than sorry.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Warren N
    Options

thanks Phil….

I like your ideas,, nice & simple! …. especially putting it on a flash drive and putting a copy in my safe deposit box.!!!

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Warren N ,

You are most welcome. I would make sure that I have more than one copy saved. Flash drives can fail, and as I said, you can never have too many backups.

Thank you for posting back. We are always here to help. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor