Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

password protection - password mgr

Options

I just purchased Password Mgr. Can you tell me what security features are enabled for my accounts that I do not add to Password Mgr. For example.. I log into a website that is not included in my account list and enter my password. Is there any Password Mgr protection provided for this log in ?

thnx !!

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Warren N ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums.

Can you tell me what security features are enabled for my accounts that I do not add to Password Mgr. For example.. I log into a website that is not included in my account list and enter my password. Is there any Password Mgr protection provided for this log in ?

I am not sure that I understand your question . . . The BD Password Manager is just a securely encrypted repository for passwords that you can use to automatically log in to accounts that you have added to it. If the account is not added to Password Manager, it offers zero protection.

The Password Manager is not an anti-virus solution even for accounts added to it.

If I have misunderstood your question, please clarify it for me.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Warren N
    Options

thanks again, Phil…. you have answered my question….

Seems to me, I should copy Google saved passwords to Bitdefender, then disable google's password mgr and delete these passwords…

make sense ?? If so, how do I copy those saved in google password to BitDefender ?

thnx

Warren

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Warren N ,

My esteemed colleague, @Gjoksi , beat me to it. Let us know how it goes.

We are always here to help. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor