Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Alert mode is not staying on

Options

Hello I purchased bitdefender a month or two ago to find a less annoying antivirus with a firewall that has an alert system. The problem is, Alert mode keeps turning itself off! This, to me, is a security issue and completely turns me off to bitdefender. I was wondering if anyone has any solutions?

I did search for answers here first. I tried all the suggestions including completely removing and reinstalling and it did not fix the issue.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Joe1776 , @wutwut44 ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. This is a known bug that was fixed with the latest update, which rolls out on a schedule like all updates. My main computer has the update, but my laptop is still waiting for the update.

Please check for updates and check your version number under "About" from the tray icon.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Answers

• wutwut44
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem. Setting a password to change settings doesn't help either. I noticed that when I exit the game to the desktop using "Alt+Tab" and touch anything on the desktop, the slider switches itself despite the password being set. I use an additional firewall where I don't have such problems. If you are looking for something else, read about the Sophos firewall, if I remember correctly. Have a nice day.

I apologize for any grammatical errors, I used a translator.

• wutwut44
    Options

hello, thanks for the information, I have version number 27.0.30.140. I haven't received the update yet. Have a nice day.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@wutwut44 ,

You are most welcome. We are here to help. Updates roll out slowly at first to ensure that if there is another bug, the update is pulled before all customers are affected.

Be patient. It will be coming.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor