Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Environment scan

Options

Hello, I recently ran a Rescue Environment scan and noticed that it did not scan for rootkits, cookies, boot sectors, and registry keys, despite having enabled these options in the settings.

When I run a system scan, these items are scanned normally, but I am confused about the rootkits because I know that they should be scanned in safe mode since they can hide before the system starts up. Therefore, shouldn't rootkits and boot sectors be scanned in the Rescue Environment?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

When utilizing the Bitdefender Rescue Environment, kindly be aware that it will not conduct scans for rootkits, registry keys, or boot sectors. This is due to the fact that these elements require the Windows operating system to be fully booted for a comprehensive scan.

Rootkits, boot sectors, and registry files are typically inaccessible in the Rescue Environment. This is because the Bitdefender Rescue Environment creates its own independent operating environment, separate from Windows.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hossam
    Options

Thank you so much