Many Many Updates

I've noticed that BD 2012 updates so many times in a short period.

I noticed this in another installation of Bd2012 and after an uninstall and reinstall i notice the same thing.

Since 8/13/11 @ 14:54:16 to 8/14/11 @ 16:32:53 there are 105 instances of updates and requests to reboot the computer ,, at this rate i would get nothing done on my computer as it would be rebooting all the time ,, not to mention i still can't use Firefox most of the time due to not loading sites since the update.

Comments

• Hi Gord,

I find what you describe a little odd as it is only asking for reboot when a product update has been installed, not each time it updates. Furthermore, considering that you uninstalled / installed several times, some drivers may not be correctly installed (update driver) resulting in the issue you describe. Please send me the new support tool log, as we arranged via PM.

• I too find this logging of "Update Successful" to be a problem. However I have come to the conclusion that it is the message that is the problem.

"Update Successful" implies that something was downloaded and installed when in fact there was only an update check. I believe the message should be different for a successful check instead of an actual update. i.e. "Update Check Successful". At the same time "Update Successful" should only be used when there is an actual update installed.

The same issue applies when a reboot is requited. It appears that when a reboot is required that ALL messages following continue to say "Reboot Required" even if it is only checking for new updates.

Part of the issue for me is the Autopilot. The ONLY way to see if a reboot is required is to look at the update log. I would like to see some kind of indication in the System Tray that an update requires a reboot. The whole idea of the Autopilot is hands off. A needed reboot could go for days or even weeks without being seen unless the user opens BD several times a day.

Hope this isn't too confusing...

Bob

• Hi Bob,

Please post this to the Feature request forum section. Also please try to explain it in details so I will understand exactly what your request is.