Auto Update Problem

Hello tech support people,

Auto Update - For some reason, I can't get it to stay on. It stays on while the computer is running, but when I shut the computer off and then turn it on the next day the Auto Update is now turned off. I have it set on Silent Update, BUT I do not have the P2P update system or Distribute BitDefender files turned on.

Can someone help me please?

Jim

Comments

• Hello tech support people,

Auto Update - For some reason, I can't get it to stay on. It stays on while the computer is running, but when I shut the computer off and then turn it on the next day the Auto Update is now turned off. I have it set on Silent Update, BUT I do not have the P2P update system or Distribute BitDefender files turned on.

Can someone help me please?

Jim

Okay, I am replying to my own message. I have had BitDefender installed since August 31st. Surprise, surprise. Today is the first day the Auto Update was still on when I booted up the computer. Perhaps, yesterday's update fixed the problem?

Does anyone from tech support have an answer for me? :unsure:

Jim

• Okay, I am replying to my own message. I have had BitDefender installed since August 31st. Surprise, surprise. Today is the first day the Auto Update was still on when I booted up the computer. Perhaps, yesterday's update fixed the problem?

Does anyone from tech support have an answer for me? :unsure:

Jim

And no, this is not a laptop.

It is a desktop computer and the Laptop mode has been set at OFF the entire time since I installed the program.

• And no, this is not a laptop.

It is a desktop computer and the Laptop mode has been set at OFF the entire time since I installed the program.

Okay, another reply to my own message.

Today the Auto Update is OFF again. Since installing 5 days off, 1 day on, 1 day off.

There was a Windows Update for XP and I had to reboot.

I did the update and rebooted before I checked BitDefender.

Perhaps that caused it?

Is anyone from tech support out there? HELP :o

Jim

• Hello Jim!

First of all I would like to apologize for the late response. The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. The fix will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end. Please rest assure that we will let you know about the fix as soon as we will launch it.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

Kind regards,