Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Update Error On Total Internet Security 2012 Rescue Mode

stevenfreestyler
edited June 2012 in Update

hello,

hope i get my problem gets sorted out.

1) Selected a scan option " Rescue mode" on bit defender total security 2012 to do a detailed sweep for hidden viruses. Laptop restarted automatically. Once started, loaded to Rescue mode. But when comes to updating itself this error shows up ""update error :the Server Address Is Not Correct". Internet through LAN cable is connected. Worked on my desktop PC "windows XP pro" but not my laptop "Windows 7 64-bit home premium edition".

Please do help out. Please provide a manual update on the rescue mode 'it looks easy to do' but other better solutions are also appreciated. Thank you very much.

2) Does bit defender disable the auto run/ auto play option on optical drive? Unable to execute autoplay / autorun when all kinds of media disc is inserted. Noticed this right after I have installed bit defender total security 2012 on my laptop. Whole autoplay option is missing from optical drive and unable to execute autorun.

3) unable to install bit defender total internet security on Windows Xp pro 32 bit edition but stated on the BD package that it can. help out asap

Thanks

Comments

• stevenfreestyler
    edited June 2012

correction: *unable to update rescue mode to the latest virus signatures*.. sorry bout that

• wow, looks like bit defender forum and support is really an unreliable one. Didn't even get one single answer. I'll go around and spread the word not to buy or purchase bit defender products anymore. Verbal advertisement is the strongest one. I'll stop anyone who is about to purchase bit fender products.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Steven :)

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• Hello :)

I have the same issue with updates in Rescue Mode. When i put my PC in RM appeared to me UPDATE ERROR: "THE SERVER ADDRESS IS NOT CORRECT". Once i had the same issue, but in this case my DNS wasn´t set to automatically mode. When i changed this, everything was fine. Now with same settings i have the same issue. So I have no idea what would be now could cause a problem with updates in RM.

NOTE: - this is a first time after one month to tried to go into RM, so do not know when exactly the problem occurred.

- i use the following URL for update: http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/av64bit2011 ( is in update settings)

- i tried "repair" but problem is still here.

I´m Looking forward for any advice that can resolve my issue.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

If you have all the updates installed in Windows, when starting the PC in Rescue Mode, it will copy all the definitions in this environment so the product will always be up to date.

There is no need to run Update in Rescue Mode.

Also, Rescue Mode can not be updated over some wireless connections of mobile ones.

Thank you.

If you have all the updates installed in Windows, when starting the PC in Rescue Mode, it will copy all the definitions in this environment so the product will always be up to date.

There is no need to run Update in Rescue Mode.

Also, Rescue Mode can not be updated over some wireless connections of mobile ones.

Thank you.

Hello Christian :)

1). whenever i would had put my PC in the rescue mode earlier, checking for updates was started automatically, this is a regular and usual procedure, of course when was all ok. In this case, this is not.

(this link explained completly procedure).

I never will be the sure when i realy up to date if my option is not working properly. In this case i need the enough lucky :)

2). i don´t use wireless connection, i have the cable internet and i´m always online.

The need for the scan from rescue mode not waiting for the ideal moment, and could come at a time when I didn´t up to date, so I still need help.

3). this issue was not present before a month ago and perhaps less.

Looking forward for your response.

Best regards...

• I'd made a small correction from my previous post :)

Each time before i get into the Rescue Mode, firstly I could choose the option "update now" from the BD tray icon. Updates that arrive for me in this occasion are copied automatically into Rescue Mode, so I am always "up to date".

I tested this several times and always coincided time of "updates" in Windows with time of "updates" in Rescue Mode.

So check for updates are not needed too much in the RM, but my issue is still topical :)

• Waiting for an response, i did a little test. Meanwhile, apart from problems with updating into Rescue Mode, there was a problem in entering my Facebook via "Safego" and do not load my data about expiry of my license. The main problem was my DNS. In order to clarification the situation, i set print screen images.

NOTE: Situations when I deleted Bitdefender, when I re-installed as well as pictures of "My Bitdefender" window.

I think this is already sufficient to characterize the problem as a big because my DNS not respond when installed Bitdefender and i have a proof for that.

Looking forward for response...

post-105258-1344318832_thumb.jpg

post-105258-1344318885_thumb.jpg

post-105258-1344317731_thumb.jpg

post-105258-1344317822_thumb.jpg

• Today "Safego" and "My Bitdefender" working properly but issues with DNS (second picture from my previous post) and "Updates in Rescue Mode" still the existing !

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Do you have a modem or a router on your current internet connection?

Thank you!

Do you have a modem or a router on your current internet connection?

Thank you!

Hello Christian,

Currently I use a "Cable Modem", i´m also opened a ticket ID 201208081003682 , check it, in there i have my most recent "print screen" picture, which could be helpful.

Thank you very much for your response :)

Best regards.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Could you please reset your modem to factory settings and let me know if you still encounter the same issue?

Thank you!

• alexx69
    alexx69 ✭✭
    edited August 2012

Could you please reset your modem to factory settings and let me know if you still encounter the same issue?

Thank you!

Hello Christian,

I just had done reset of my Cable Modem as you advised me and now i have updates in Rescue Mode.

NOTE: "Troubleshoot warning" is still actual to DNS not responding, but maybe that is not important in this moment.

Thank you very much for your assistance, as for myself this issue has resolved :)

Best regards.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I recommend you to contact your ISP, there are some issues with the connection.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.