Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Bitdefender Trafficlight Firefox Add-on Database Not Updating?

Options
goodjohnjr
goodjohnjr ✭✭
edited August 2012 in Bitdefender trafficlight

Hello,

The last several times that I have tested/tried the BitDefender TrafficLight Firefox add-on, I noticed that the database for it does not seem to ever update, at first I thought that it was because I use Sandboxie a lot & that the updates would be deleted when Sandboxie empties the sandbox; but everyday I run Firefox un-sandboxed to check for updates, and recently I have not been using Sandboxie (but it is still installed) to see if this problem still happens.

I installed the TrafficLight Firefox add-on again yesterday, and I ran Firefox un-sandboxed today & checked for updates; but the database is still at 8-15-2012.

The last few times that I tested/tried Trafficlight, the database was weeks/days out-of-date, and it only updates if you uninstall Trafficlight & re-install it.

I doubt that this is normal but I have heard of some other people that had this problem, so I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out?

So that this issue can be fixed, because that is one of the reasons that I keep uninstalling TrafficLight since the database does not update.

I have the latest version of Firefox & I check for updates for Firefox/add-ons/plug-ins everyday, un-sandboxed and sometimes sandboxed, when I forget that the browser is sandboxed. ;)

Thank you,

-John Jr :)

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello John :)

In the toolbar you see when the extension is updated, there is no local database for TrafficLight because all the definitions are in cloud.

We did not released any version and when you install it for the first time, you will see first the installation date displayed and then when we release a new version via Automatic Updates, the count will be set when the update is installed.

Take care.

• goodjohnjr
    goodjohnjr ✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hello John :)

In the toolbar you see when the extension is updated, there is no local database for TrafficLight because all the definitions are in cloud.

We did not released any version and when you install it for the first time, you will see first the installation date displayed and then when we release a new version via Automatic Updates, the count will be set when the update is installed.

Take care.

Oh! I was wondering about that, thank you for explaining that Christian, it might be a good idea if they put "Installation Date" next to that date to help avoid the confusion. ;)

• goodjohnjr
    goodjohnjr ✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello Christian,

Are unknown & suspicious websites that you visit automatically submitted to BitDefender for testing with/through the TrafficLight Add-On and/or the Full Version?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

There is a feature request to implement a report button in that toolbar and when user discovers a suspicious website, can press it and report it directly to our labs.

Take care.

• goodjohnjr
    Options
    Hello :)

There is a feature request to implement a report button in that toolbar and when user discovers a suspicious website, can press it and report it directly to our labs.

Take care.

That is a good idea and I hope that they add that soon, but it would also be nice to have an option for unknown/suspicious websites never checked by BitDefender before to automatically be submitted for testing. ;)

Thank you Christian. :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi :)

You are most welcome.

I will forward this to our developers.

Have a great day!

• goodjohnjr
    Options
    Hi :)