Id Theft Tab?

Yesterday say a very unusual thing that was a bitdefender Tab of ID theft tab. at that time Bitdefender was not working properly so repaired it and now its gone. curious to know if anyone else saw it?

Comments

• columbo
    edited May 2014

Hello :)

First, it looks like you have a licensed copy of Total Security...but, why does it say, "not for resale" across the top? http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=215371 That may have something to do with the problems you've been having.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭

Hiya guys,

I believe that "Not for resale" is shown when someone uses a promotional key. If there were problems with BD that have been resolved with a repair then you can put it down to a glitch - unless it shows up again.

• columbo
    edited May 2014

I didn't realize that a promotional key could be for 253(+) days, have you ever seen that before (not for resale), Rohugh?, I haven't, maybe because I've never seen a screen shot of it before :blink:

Are you using a Promotional version, wajihero?

Promotion_zps2b8a374f.jpg

• Nice work, Rohugh :):) Thanks for finding and posting the links, and for teaching me something new today :)

• I didn't realize that a promotional key could be for 253(+) days, have you ever seen that before (not for resale), Rohugh?, I haven't, maybe because I've never seen a screen shot of it before :blink:

Are you using a Promotional version, wajihero?

Promotion_zps2b8a374f.jpg

yea it was a promotional key got it from a promo bitdefender launched few months back for users in france to give any one who goes to that page a 1 year bitdefender TS code

Featured content

bitdefender review banner

Hackers Use BadUSB to Deploy Ransomware on Defense Companies’ Systems, FBI Warns

Last week, the FBI released an updated flash alert warning US companies that the FIN7 cybercrime group could compromise their systems by delivering ransomware-ridden USB drives.

Read more

French Privacy Regulator Fines Facebook and Google a Combined €210 Million

Last week, the French data protection regulator (CNIL) said it has fined Google and Meta-owned Facebook platform a combined €210 million for failing to comply with the country’s data protection act.

Read more

US Govt Warns Citizens About Pegasus Spyware – Without Saying ‘Pegasus’

“The US National Counterintelligence and Security Center (NCSC) and the Department of State have issued a joint alert warning citizens of zero-click malware "

Read more