Bitdefender Av Causing Explorer.exe To Hang

thegilpins
thegilpins ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Antivirus

Hi,

In the last couple of weeks I noticed that Bitdefender AV is causing explorer.exe to hang, usually at windows startup.

I can only stop this happening uninstalling Bitdefender.

Is this happening to anyone else? I assume it is a bug.

I have Windows 8.1 64bit and Total Secuity 2015 build 18.19.0.1369.

Inofrmation from windows application log:

The program Explorer.EXE version 6.3.9600.17415 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 1010

Start Time: 01d00d963887467b

Termination Time: 0

Application Path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

Report Id: 912ceed2-7989-11e4-885c-d43d7eb34210

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comments

• Hello thegilpins,

I am not seeing this problem on my Windows 8.1 machines. You may want to contact Bitdefender Support on this, from the top drop-down on the BD GUI.

post-175392-1417463779_thumb.jpg

• thegilpins
    thegilpins ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Hello thegilpins,

I am not seeing this problem on my Windows 8.1 machines. You may want to contact Bitdefender Support on this, from the top drop-down on the BD GUI.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

After a bit of testing the issue seems to be a conflict with Stardock Fences. I can install either but not both. I will contact support as suggested.

• You might want to include Fences to the exclusions list . GUI>Antivirus>Exclusions tab.

Ro.

• I downloaded and ran Stardock Fences (free version of course) on my Windows 8.1 desktop for about half an hour. No hangs were noticed with explorer so there may be something else involved in your problems as well.

Ro.

• You might want to include Fences to the exclusions list . GUI>Antivirus>Exclusions tab.

Ro.

Hi, tried that and it did not work.