Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unclear Product Packaging Contents?

Options

I am planning to purchase Bitdefender for a number of computers at my home. I have both Windows 7, 8.1 and Mac OS X machines. I was planning to purchase the Family Pack or the Mac & PC pack, but I cannot find any information about if those packages contains the Windows 8 services or not?

If I want the Windows 8.1 specific version, do I need to purchase the Windows 8 and Mac OSX version separately (it will cost more than the family pack, which is why I'm asking)?

Sorry if this has been answered before; I did search for it but didn't find an answer. Thanks in advance for any help to understand the somewhat confusing packaging of Bitdefender.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hiya Martinf,

The BD Family Pack has Bitdefender Total Security 2015 for Windows, if you want BD Windows Security then you will have to purchase them separately.

I use Total Security 2015 on both my Windows 8.1 machines, it has more features to offer and gives the same cover as Win 8 Security, but it is of course your choice.

Ro.

• martinf
    Options

Hi Rohugh,

Thanks for the answer. I have a follow-up question:

So "Total Security" has more features than "Win 8 Security", but "Win 8 Security" has some Windows 8 specific support that is not found in "Total Security"?

If that is correct, I'll most probably go with the family pack as I had planned.

/MartinF

• I am planning to purchase Bitdefender for a number of computers at my home. I have both Windows 7, 8.1 and Mac OS X machines. I was planning to purchase the Family Pack or the Mac & PC pack, but I cannot find any information about if those packages contains the Windows 8 services or not?

Since Win 8 and Win 8.1 are listed under the "System Requirements" for Family Pack 2015,

you should be fine. It will protect those systems. See:

bitdefender DOT com/solutions/family-pack.html

Scroll down and click on the "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS" link at the left to get the PDF file:

Family_Pack_2015_System_requirements.pdf