Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[fixed] Vsserv.exe High Memory Usage

Options

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2015
    Options

Well I half sovled the problem.

I updated my newer W7-SP1 to W10 TP 10162. Will not install Bitdefender on it until it is approved for W10. In the meantime since I don't use that computer for much of anything but watching videos and have other security software that I can install along W10 Windows Defender that computer should be okay for now. Hopefully BDW8 Security will be updated for W10. Yea I know some think it won't. We will have to wait and see. In the meantime if it gets really messed up with Malware I can always reinstall. Hopefully that should not be needed as we await Bitdender giving their approval for W10.

The other computer I am still using BDIS 2015 on is not an Intel but an older AMD Athlon II with W7-SP1. I have not noticed a large memory leak over there. But truthfully I haven't paid that much attention since I was more focused on the the Intel Haswell 4460 with W7-SP1 that like I wrote above I upgraded to W10 TP 10162 So far so good on 10162. Looking pretty solid. Now that the AMD is the only computer I have with BDIS 2015 I will keep a closer eye on the memory usage. Right now sitting at about 290 MB but I restarted it a couple of hours ago so we shall see.

• mine is always eating 1gb of ram wtf

if this continue im gonna uninstall this

my vsser,exe is now with 780Mb !!! When is this going to be solved?

• Not Sure what's going on but Bit Defender is using a very large amount of memory. Somewhat concerning.

Spec:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k

Memory: 16GB

LPgC5JP.png

I'm unable to terminate the process, please advise as to what logs are needed and why memory consumption is so high.

• cc2150dx
    edited July 2015
    Options

It seems that we're all experiencing the same issue; memory leak.

See here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...57561&st=40

cc2150dx

• my vsser,exe is now with 780Mb !!! When is this going to be solved?

seeing the same issue on my end:

LPgC5JP.png

• TtechX
    Options

Any update on the fix? Getting really tired of having to restart every half hour of internet usage...

• Nesivos
    Options

My AMD with an Athlon II has been up for about 48 hours since last restart Memory usage of BDIS 2015 has climbed from about 280MB when I restarted to about 380MB at this time. Just did a contextual scan and the memory usage jumped to about 405MB. Updates do not seem to impact the memory but evidently scans do.

• Wortex
    Wortex
    edited July 2015
    Options

A little joke while they are fixing this bug. BTW developers are working on 2016 BETA products as I know from support and there will be no public BETA version or will be much later. ^_^

For PC - Total Security 2015

Minimal system requirements:

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 | Windows Vista SP2 | Windows 7 SP1 | Windows 8 | Windows 8.1;

CPU: 1.6 GHz processor;

Memory (RAM): 1GB;

Available free hard disk space: 1 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive);

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2015
    Options

My W7-SP1 AMD Athlon II with BDIS 2015 has now been up for about two days. At this point memory usage seems to have peaked at around 425MB. It reached that level about 24 hours ago then dropped back down to around 360MB and is now back up to about 420MB. No idea where the memory usage will go from here. As long as memory usage does not exceed 500MB I will not restart to lower the memory usage as my total memory usage at this time is only 28% with Firefox open. 40% is the comfortable maximum memory usage level on that computer for what i use it for. I will update in a couple of days or less if there is any signficant change in memory usage. In anycase 425MB of memory usage is way too high for normal daily use as oppposed to the limited use I use that computer for.

• Not Sure what's going on but Bit Defender is using a very large amount of memory. Somewhat concerning.

Spec:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k

Memory: 16GB

LPgC5JP.png

I'm unable to terminate the process, please advise as to what logs are needed and why memory consumption is so high.

Georgia (technical support) was on earlier and she has not responded to this important topic. Most unfortunate :( Hopefully we will hear an answer shortly.

• TtechX
    Options
    Georgia (technical support) was on earlier and she has not responded to this important topic. Most unfortunate :( Hopefully we will hear an answer shortly.

I am going to renew in like about a month from now (literally) and while this is my first year with the company ... i'd like an update.. ya know because if not.. I may have to go to the second best for next year till this get's settled.

And I really really like Bitdefender but.. 30 min restarts per 1 hr internet usage.. is definitely not workin with me.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello all,

We are aware of the issue reported in this topic. It is currently being handled by the Bitdefender development team.

As soon as I have news from them I will post back.

Thank you for your patience.

• This started with the recent engine update (the kind of update where you have to reboot afterwards).

BitDefender: Why not roll back to the previous version, and then update again after more testing?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello again,

As mentioned before, I have forwarded the case to the Bitdefender development team and they are now asking for vsserv.exe dumps for further debugging.

Please open Task Manager, click Details tab then right click on vsserv.exe from the list and select 'Create dump file'. Compress the resulted dump with a program such as 7-zip, WinRar, etc. then upload it to a file transfer site such as www.sendspace.com and then reply with the download link so I can retrieve it.

Also mention how much RAM was vsserv consuming at the time the dump was taken.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• Jogoow
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hello,

I am encountering this problem with vsserv.exe also. At the moment of writing it is using 2,4GB. I have made a dump file of the process and uploaded it for further analysis. However, the raw dmp file is 2,9GB (compressed it is 505MB though).

The compressed file can be downloaded from this link: https://mega.co.nz/#!zwZR3LQD!XwHJP...05soHWOhd9_RFBs

I hope this is of any help for the developers and they are able to fix this memory leak soon.

Regards,

Jochem

• plasmax
    Options

Hello,

I have just purchased and installed the Total Security 2015 on a Windows 8.1 machine, and here is my memory usage (ridiculously high): http://pasteboard.co/1PMuiS3l.png

Please tell me it's not the average memory consumption for this "Zero Impact On Performance" security suite..

edit: now it's 544

• Lionet
    Options
    Hello,

I have just purchased and installed the Total Security 2015 on a Windows 8.1 machine, and here is my memory usage (ridiculously high): http://pasteboard.co/1PMuiS3l.png

Please tell me it's not the average memory consumption for this "Zero Impact On Performance" security suite..edit: now it's 544

Hi plasmax,

Welcome on the forum!

Do you have any other antimalware suite on your machine?

Deinstall all of them.

Please give some more information on your system.

Does it impact the performance of your other softwares?

Regards,

L.

• plasmax
    Options

590 right now.. is it going to explode?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Hiya plasmax,

There is another long discussion here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=57561 Bitdefender are aware of the problem and it has been passed to the development team to sort out. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Ro.

• plasmax
    Options
    Hi plasmax,

Welcome on the forum!

Do you have any other antimalware suite on your machine?

Deinstall all of them.

Please give some more information on your system.

Does it impact the performance of your other softwares?

Regards,

L.

Hello, thanks for coming back!

No other antimalware software is installed on my machine, it's a brand new system with windows defender and firewall deactivated.

Yes it does affect the performance when I'm playing games..

My machine is a laptop, an ASUS N550JK, and here are the specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ Processor

Windows 8.1

RAM 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM, DIMM

Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX850M with 2GB DDR3

And the drive is a Crucial MX100 256GB

Hope this helps thank you!

• plasmax
    Options
    Hiya plasmax,

There is another long discussion here - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=57561 Bitdefender are aware of the problem and it has been passed to the development team to sort out. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Ro.

Thank you mate I must have missed this. Hopefully they will be able to fix it very quickly as for now I can't do anything but roll back to Windows Defender..

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My machine is a laptop, an ASUS N550JK, and here are the specs:

Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ Processor

Windows 8.1

RAM 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM, DIMM

Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4600

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX850M with 2GB DDR3

And the drive is a Crucial MX100 256GB

HI plasmax,

You have an excellent machine, excellent SSD HD, excellent video card... :)

Maybe you could just have some more RAM, but 8GB is probably enough.

(In the old time, laptops could not use games as well as desktops but it is over.)

As Rohugh pointed the link to the memory issue, BD is aware of the memory problem.

Regards,

L.

• plasmax
    Options
    HI plasmax,

You have an excellent machine, excellent SSD HD, excellent video card... :)

Maybe you could just have some more RAM, but 8GB is probably enough.

(In the old time, laptops could not use games as well as desktops but it is over.)

As Rohugh pointed the link to the memory issue, BD is aware of the memory problem.

Regards,

L.

It's a great pleasure when you buy a new machine and somebody states comments like yours, thank you! :) It's been a tough search but I think I've found a great compromise for the price.

I'm aware of the ram "issue" but the 16gb version was way more expensive than any aftermarket upgrade, so I decided to try with 8 and see how it goes, and for now I gotta say it's doing well! Maybe I'll upgrade next year.

Games run very well, GTA V almost full details, even though games like the witcher 3 cant run without tweaking the video settings a little bit, but for that you gotta spend more than what I did and not every game requires such a high hend video card!

Thanks for your help anyway, let's see how it goes :)

Hit 650MB at the moment!

• Jogoow
    Options
    Hello,

I am encountering this problem with vsserv.exe also. At the moment of writing it is using 2,4GB. I have made a dump file of the process and uploaded it for further analysis. However, the raw dmp file is 2,9GB (compressed it is 505MB though).

The compressed file can be downloaded from this link: https://mega.co.nz/#!zwZR3LQD!XwHJP...05soHWOhd9_RFBs

I hope this is of any help for the developers and they are able to fix this memory leak soon.

Regards,

Jochem

I seem to be unable to edit my previous post. However, I just noticed the dmp file I've uploaded seems to be corrupted so don't bother downloading it. I have uploaded another dump file which I have made before when vsserv.exe was using 1,1GB which seems not to be corrupted.

download link: https://mega.co.nz/#!u0Y31JJA!gsxtJ...Zwu0Q6M97pQbYP8

I hope that it is any for any use to you.

• davidbu2014
    edited July 2015
    Options

For any of you on a 32 bit version, the memory leak cannot keep growing vsserv.exe forever.

Instead, due to your 4GB total, 2GB per process memory limit, it will eventually run out of address space and it will crash (this has happened to me once, and it about to happen again).

Fortunately, the failure is handled gracefully, and you receive a crash dialog box that reports the issue to BitDefender AND restarts vsserv.exe.

So that's one way to restart vsserv.exe. Just wait it out if you can stand it taking so much RAM. When it restarts, vsserv.exe restarts at a small memory size.

The other way is to reboot.

• racusi
    Options

For any of you on a 32 bit version, the memory leak cannot keep growing vsserv.exe forever.

Instead, due to your 4GB total, 2GB per process memory limit, it will eventually run out of address space and it will crash (this has happened to me once, and it about to happen again).

Fortunately, the failure is handled gracefully, and you receive a crash dialog box that reports the issue to BitDefender AND restarts vsserv.exe.

So that's one way to restart vsserv.exe. Just wait it out if you can stand it taking so much RAM. When it restarts, vsserv.exe restarts at a small memory size.

The other way is to reboot.

Does anyone have an opinion about using Bitdefender Free as short term protection??

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone have an opinion about using Bitdefender Free as short term protection??

Hi,

BD Antivirus free works fine, no problems. You also realize that you can use your IS license to activate Bitdefender Windows 8 Security, it is not suffering from the same problems a lot of users are seeing with the memory bug.

Ro.

• Boozer
    Options

New Bitdefender user here

I'm using the Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 Demo

Windows 7 64 bit, SP1, fully updated, 16GB RAM system.

The VSSERV.exe process as I type this is: (according to Process Explorer)

Private memory 2,075,140k

Working Set 1,940,158K

Virtual Size 2, 764,824k

Max Working Set 1,380k

Task manager reports similar massive numbers.

THis machine is up essentially 24/7

I did however reboot a couple days ago.

I will give the demo more run time but am not impressed with what I"m seeing memory usage wise.

I hope they fix it before I decide to move on.

IT appears they took the record from Firefox insofar as memory bloat goes, at least on my machine. However at least I can restart Firefox when

it gets wonky.

I do not like rebooting PC's , I find it highly annoying.

Please fix faster.

yes, and I also run Malware Bytes on this machine regularly.

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Options

Working Set 1,940,158K

Virtual Size 2, 764,824k

Max Working Set 1,380k

I will give the demo more run time but am not impressed with what I"m seeing memory usage wise.

IT appears they took the record from Firefox insofar as memory bloat goes, at least on my machine. However at least I can restart Firefox when

it gets wonky.

Please fix faster.

Hi Boozer,

Welcome on the forum!

if you have a SSD HD, it is not necessary, not even recommended to shut down the machine, but for the electricity bill. ^_^

Do you use the MalwareBytes passive version? (the free one) OK.

It is not a good idea to run the active one with BD firewall active.

we need one and only one firewall

one and only one antivirus

I use neither Firefox nor Internet Explorer, but BD IS 2014 takes its part of memory too with Opera on WSP3.

Let's be patient, the 2016 version will be coming soon... B)

Regards,

L.

• Boozer
    edited July 2015
    Options

Working Set 1,940,158K

Virtual Size 2, 764,824k

Max Working Set 1,380k

it gets wonky.

Please fix faster.

Hi Boozer,

Welcome on the forum!

if you have a SSD HD, it is not necessary, not even recommended to shut down the machine, but for the electricity bill. ^_^

Do you use the MalwareBytes passive version? (the free one) OK.

It is not a good idea to run the active one with BD firewall active.

we need one and only one firewall

one and only one antivirus

I use neither Firefox nor Internet Explorer, but BD IS 2014 takes its part of memory too with Opera on WSP3.

Let's be patient, the 2016 version will be coming soon... B)

Regards,

L.

Wow, In light of what I wrote above your reply makes no sense to me. I mean zero. I hope you have zero official capacity with BD.

As I have no idea how to make it clear to you what was wrote other than to refer you to my prior post and please re-read.

I said nothing about having 2 firewalls active.

And I said nothing about using 2 AV packages. Malware bytes is run as a maintenance thing.

The reference to not liking to reboot, is about this Bitdefenders massive memory usage.

I will NOT be patient and wait for some beta when the DEMO I use is plenty to show me what is going on. If they can not fix in timely fashion

before the demo period ends, I have plenty of options. My post was to be informational. Your reply just inflamed me for no good purpose.

I'm not some green horn kid.

Now, back on topic.

I since rebooted and VSSERV.EXE is using, again according to Process Explorer:

Private Bytes 320k

Working Set 342K

Virtual Size 827k

Max Working Set 1,380 K

Oh, and the purpose of THIS post is to provide a future refernce for me to edit when I let the VSSERV and machine

run for extended time before my next reboot is forced do to a memory leak in VSSERV.EXE.

I will update as the process bloats on a timeline over the next few days.

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Options

Sorry for having inflamed you.

You wrote about having Malwarebytes,.

According to several topics, the active version could create problems with BD. (link below)

Malwarebytes & BD I do not know whether you have (or not) the active one.

that's all.

Thanks for telling us there is a memory problem.

• plasmax
    Options

will the update be pushed through the software or do I have to check here regularly?

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Hello Boozer,

You have chosen a bad time to trial Bitdefender as some users are experiencing the memory leak, especially those like yourself who choose to run their devices constantly. Bitdefender have acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix which will hopefully come soon -

Hello all,

We are aware of the issue reported in this topic. It is currently being handled by the Bitdefender development team.

As soon as I have news from them I will post back.

Thank you for your patience.

As an aside, I am not seeing the problem, although I close my computer at night, plus I also use MBAM Free to scan from time to time and that does not cause any issues. If you do decide to move on please give Bitdefender another go when the present problem has been solved, it really is worth it. :)

Ro.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options
    will the update be pushed through the software or do I have to check here regularly?

Hiya,

The update will be pushed through the automatic updates. :) I am sure they will want to get it resolved as soon as possible, it's not doing them any good at the moment.

Ro.

• I just want to say that I am highly disappointed with the Bitdefender team. I was expecting a relatively fast fix and this is really getting on my nerves. It's been 11 days since the memory leak started happening, at least for me, and I am really considering moving to some other service. I'd say it is expected from one of the best anti virus software to have issues like this fixed shortly. As someone suggested, why not just roll back to a past version? I can't restart my PC every 12-13 hours forever. Is there at least any ETA on when we'll have a fix?

• Jogoow
    Options
    I just want to say that I am highly disappointed with the Bitdefender team. I was expecting a relatively fast fix and this is really getting on my nerves. It's been 11 days since the memory leak started happening, at least for me, and I am really considering moving to some other service. I'd say it is expected from one of the best anti virus software to have issues like this fixed shortly. As someone suggested, why not just roll back to a past version? I can't restart my PC every 12-13 hours forever. Is there at least any ETA on when we'll have a fix?

I agree. I contacted the supportteam with this issue 2 weeks ago and the first two replies were that this was normal behavior of the bitdefender application and there was no bug. It was just 4 days ago when they acknowledged there was a problem, so I would've expected a quick fix after that (Why indeed not go back to the latest stable build until this build is fixed?). However, the most disappointing thing is that, even though they acknowledged there is a problem with this build, they are not giving updates on this issue and when it is going to be fixed. I just renewed my license 2 months ago, but when this key expires I will consider going to another AV solution depending on how fast this matter will be solved.

• TtechX
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just want to say that I am highly disappointed with the Bitdefender team. I was expecting a relatively fast fix and this is really getting on my nerves. It's been 11 days since the memory leak started happening, at least for me, and I am really considering moving to some other service. I'd say it is expected from one of the best anti virus software to have issues like this fixed shortly. As someone suggested, why not just roll back to a past version? I can't restart my PC every 12-13 hours forever. Is there at least any ETA on when we'll have a fix?

I am at exactly at that point. I'd like some sort of temporary fix. This is madness if you expect us to kindly wait patiently for this fix when it's forcing us to reboot every 3-5hours of so depending how heavy the internet usage is, and given we live in an era of high internet usage, you are telling me you guys [bT] can't pin point a small work around until you fix the MAIN issue?

It's crippling everyone in my home network. 11 days of torture.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited July 2015
    Options

My guess is Bitdefender is hard? at work trying to make sure Bitdefender programs will work with Windows 10 and I hope we see the memory fix pushed down simultaneous with the release of the update making Bitdefender products compatible with Windows 10. I am not very optimistic that a memory fix will be pushed down through an update before then.

While there is little doubt that the memory issue can be crippling for some computers the upgrade to Windows 10 will cripple all Bitdefender users if Bitdefender does push down a compatibiity update for all their products by July 29th or less than 20 days from now.

Windows 10 incorporates some new security features and I think those are the cause of more AV vendor products incompatibility problems with Windows 10 TP which is pretty much at the RTM version than just those Bitdefender is having.

It is a numbers game and there are a heck of lot fewer Bitdefender users experiencing a memory problem which in many cases is not crippling, like in mine for example with BDIS 2015 than there will be if the upgrade to Windows 10 blows up on July 29th because of a Bitdefender incompatibiley problem with the new security featurs in Windows 10.

Not trying to play down the problems those of us are having but just trying to lay it out as I see it. I am sure Bitdefender is trying to make their products the best AV products for Windows 10 that they can and I think that is their priority right now. Whether it should be or not depends on the individuals perspective. Let us not forget there are still a lot of XP users out there and clearly Windows 10 internals are nothing like XPs. So I think rather than fork a version of Bitdefender products just for XP Bitdefender is trying to make sure their products work with XP through Windows 10. That is not nearly as easy to do as it is to write about it. Cheers'

• plasmax
    Options
    Hiya,

The update will be pushed through the automatic updates. :) I am sure they will want to get it resolved as soon as possible, it's not doing them any good at the moment.

Ro.

yep! especially for new users like me who have never spent a penny for a premium antivirus and decided to go for this after days of research because of its excellent ratings all over the web!

But I'm confident the ratings are not made up and so this issue will be resolved soon.

Thanks for your help take care!

• hi guys, just as a follow up on leaking memory. am i breaking a record here?

2c424a3d45d1735ab474a2d9f702e161.png

Went after bitdefender after numerous reviews, after upgrading to win8 and realizing my f-secure 9.02 had some problems with it. Although i have 16 gb in my laptop, it is still a dissapointing thing to see in my processess :(

• thisiswar198
    edited July 2015
    Options

This has been going on for weeks. bitdefender has always been a ram hog and it's just got worse over the months. I mean it starts off around 320mb then climbs and climbs the longer I am on the pc. the highest it's been is around 900mb I have uninstalled it and went to kaspersky which only uses around 80/100mb. I am done with bitdefender the only area bitdefender beats kaspersky is having better protection slightly better protection that is. kaspersky is lighter on the pc has better clean up tools. I really don't know how bitdefender can be awarded AV of the year. The pc is quicker with bitdefender off it.

bye bye bitdefender....

post-192229-1436834458_thumb.png

• TtechX
    Options
    This has been going on for weeks. bitdefender has always been a ram hog and it's just got worse over the months. I mean it starts off around 320mb then climbs and climbs the longer I am on the pc. the highest it's been is around 900mb I have uninstalled it and went to kaspersky which only uses around 80/100mb. I am done with bitdefender the only area bitdefender beats kaspersky is having better protection slightly better protection that is. kaspersky is lighter on the pc has better clean up tools. I really don't know how bitdefender can be awarded AV of the year. The pc is quicker with bitdefender off it.

bye bye bitdefender....

I have 45 days left on my license. I went from avast (paid) to Bitdefender (paid) and it's looking like I am going to be finding another client for the next re-sub.

Between the slow "black screen" load up to this annoying memory hog problem still not being resolved.. I am kinda losing faith on the product.

• This has been going on for weeks. bitdefender has always been a ram hog and it's just got worse over the months. I mean it starts off around 320mb then climbs and climbs the longer I am on the pc. the highest it's been is around 900mb I have uninstalled it and went to kaspersky which only uses around 80/100mb. I am done with bitdefender the only area bitdefender beats kaspersky is having better protection slightly better protection that is. kaspersky is lighter on the pc has better clean up tools. I really don't know how bitdefender can be awarded AV of the year. The pc is quicker with bitdefender off it.

bye bye bitdefender....

right, from my previous post above whre bitdefender had around 700 mb ram load, it went up now to 832. it feels like it is safer just to shut it down rather than having it protecting me. unless its a protection trick, when it loads my system so much that i cannot do anything, and meet potential malware too.

• hi there anyone, xD

maybe i will break the record of bitdefender leaking memory,

here is my screenie , 7ipS6yB.png

• thisiswar198
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have 45 days left on my license. I went from avast (paid) to Bitdefender (paid) and it's looking like I am going to be finding another client for the next re-sub.

Between the slow "black screen" load up to this annoying memory hog problem still not being resolved.. I am kinda losing faith on the product.

yeah I had that black screen too before loading into windows I would just get the black screen and cursor it would stay like that for a good 10/15 seconds. I had to uncheck boot scan to stop it from doing it.

Yeah me too, I've been with bitdefender coming up a year now and it's been running like crap for the past few months, computer feels slow and slugish, hogging my ram and the black screen before windows.

i'd recommend kaspersky it's just behind bitdefender for protection it was awarded the best performer along with bitdefender but I can tell you now that kaspersky is a lot lighter on the pc it feels so snappy now without bitdefender and kaspersky got the award for the best clean up tools.

It's a complete joke how this company can't fix these issues! saying it wasn't a bug that it was normal and now they're saying it isn't a bug!.... so much for being experts.

• jerry.cronin
    Options

I have 8GB's of RAM, over 3GB's of which is used by BitDefender. I love the product, I just don't like not knowing why it's using nearly 4GB's

bitdefender%2019.53-14.07.15_zpsyd7xpqmp.jpg

• racusi
    Options

Bitdefender is excellent av software. It has saved my a.. many times. I am trying to be patient as suggested by

Georgia. I have other software running that also needs memory. Please fix this. Thank you.

• jerry.cronin
    Options

I'm keeping an eye on my memory usage, and I think the issue is a memory leak on the 64-bit platform. I've rebooted since my last post, and it has since crept up to 1,095,080K.

As I cannot set when my AV does a scan, I don't know if this is the issue or not.

• something push me to check my task manager,

and i found this :unsure: :unsure:

tDa3dh4.png

rig :

i5-4460 , 16gig ram

and this process use 25% of my memory

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

This is just a quick update to let you know that the culprit was found.

We are currently testing a possible workaround which should keep VSSERV's memory footprint at the usual ~ 200 MB until the fix is released via automatic update.

I will keep you updated with any progress we make. Thank you once again for your patience.