Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trafficlight Plus Internet Security?

if I have already installed bitdefender internet security 2015, is it superfluous to install trafficlight in chrome?

Comments

• Hiya,

TrafficLight is a stand-alone app to assist covering your browsing if you don't have a Bitdefender anti-virus program. Bitdefender IS has Safe Search which does the same thing so in my opinion there is no need to have the two together.

Ro.

• Hiya,

TrafficLight is a stand-alone app to assist covering your browsing if you don't have a Bitdefender anti-virus program. Bitdefender IS has Safe Search which does the same thing so in my opinion there is no need to have the two together.

Ro.

thanks.

now, what about "cloud" synchronization?

trafficlight says it is synchronized with a cloud data base, so it is very up to date.

is BIS also synchronized with a cloud data base? or maybe it doesn't really matter?

• Hi,

Bitdefender antivirus solutions are all connected to the cloud, it enables faster responses to threats wherever they are detected in the world. Their version are Bitdefender BRAIN and Bitdefender Photon - you can look them up on Google. :)

So yes, you are synchronized to the cloud.

Ro.

• kellycraven
    edited August 2015

How is this turned on in Internet Security??

"The Bitdefender toolbar is not your typical browser toolbar. The only thing it ads to your browser is a small dragger at the top of every web page. Click it to see the toolbar."

I don't see that on any page currently. How do we install the toolbar?

FYI: It was there on all three machines. I have one each each running Win7, Win8.1 and Win10. Browsers are Chrome and IE, though I default to Chrome.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    How is this turned on in Internet Security??

It is always linked in, no turning on or off. Whilst there are virus definition updates on a regular basis if BD finds something suspicious it will "phone home" and get it checked. I realize that there is no 100% cover from any antivirus solution and something can slip through, at least we have the most up to date cover possible.

The tool bar is turned on from BD GUI>Web Protection>Settings.

• Edit: I see the toolbar is not a function available in the Bitdefender 2015 Windows 10 version. :(

• Edit: I see the toolbar is not a function available in the Bitdefender 2015 Windows 10 version. :(

It's not there on the Win8.1 machine either. There's no option to turn it on. I do see it on the Win7 machine.

• I have it on my Win 8.1 desktop.

post-175392-1440519187_thumb.jpg

• I have it on my Win 8.1 desktop.

YES! And there it is on Win8.1. It got turned off and I was looking for the tab. No idea how it was turned off, unless it defaults to being on and an update reset it. (speculation)

Should we be seeing the green checks in Win8.1 like we do in Win7, or is that an unrelated feature? I'm having a hard time telling which feature is which. We know the green checks don't work in Win10 (as per my other posts)

How does the traffic light stuff show up on web pages, or does it?

Thank you for the info, and I appreciate all the hand holding.

• The green check marks are from the Search Advisor (turned on from the same Web Protection window). You may have to reboot your browser to get it to work.

TrafficLight shows up in a similar way as a green/orange/red dot, I can't link a picture as I don't use it. It doesn't work with the Edge browser as it doesn't accept add-ons. I am not sure about IE in Win 10 but will take your word that it doesn't.

Ro.