Usb Immunizer - Flash Drive Write Protected Problem

Hello

I used Bitdefender USB immunizer on a 4GB flash drive.

When I tried to use it on another computer it wouldn't let me.

So I plugged it into my laptop and tried to format it and I am now being told that it is write-protected.

I want to remove the USB protection because I need to be able to use it on another computer besides my laptop.

How can I remove the immunization?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Lionet
    edited November 2015
    Hello

I used Bitdefender USB immunizer on a 4GB flash drive.

When I tried to use it on another computer it wouldn't let me.

So I plugged it into my laptop and tried to format it and I am now being told that it is write-protected.

I want to remove the USB protection because I need to be able to use it on another computer besides my laptop.

How can I remove the immunization? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi gerwitz,

Welcome on the forum!

There's some information there, from BD labs

usb immunizer

They suggest to make a low level format... -_-

a bit strange... to check on internet for a soft doing that...

Maybe format the usb drive from a Linux machine? :unsure:

Regards,

L.

• Hi gerwitz,

Welcome on the forum!

There's some information there, from BD labs

usb immunizer

They suggest to make a low level format... -_-

a bit strange... to check on internet for a soft doing that...

Maybe format the usb drive from a Linux machine? :unsure:

Regards,

L.

Hello Lion - Thank you for replying.

I have just attempted the low-level format and the program states "write-protected"

6GU2trE.jpg

The Linux idea may work but I don't have a Linux machine yet (but I am planning to switch from Windows eventually)

I have tried everything to get back my flash drive and can't find any answers. There are plenty of people who also seem to have this problem.

Isn't there a better way to prevent the NSA usb virus without permanently locking the device? Why is there no easy way out of this?

Anybody?

This is ridiculous. Does the NSA have the monopoly on the best hackers? The NSA is an criminal organization. I urge my fellow Americans to rise up and resist the calling of Evil that is the NSA.

To all the best hackers in America: The people of the World Needs you to fight the NSA, the CIA, the DOD, the FBI and all the other 3-letter agencies that continuously commit evil acts in the name of justice. We are not the Soviet Union. We are not East Germany. Why should the govt be allowed to use gestapo tactics on law-abiding Americans? This is insanity. Don't just sit and take this crap. Help Make America free again.

And help me recover my dam flash drive.

BUMP!!!