Traffic Light / Bitdefender Secure Browsing Privacy

Hello, everyone!

I am a new user here on the forums, and have just recently been looking into switching to Bitdefender from my previous antivirus security suite, Comodo. While browsing all of the features and programs that Bitdefender comes with, I have to say that I'm quite impressed. One of the main features of Bitdefender that I've read about is it's Secure Browsing feature, and it's Traffic Light extension. Both of these seem to scan websites for potential phishing or malware, submit urls for phishing sites, scan for trackers, block sites, etc, but I haven't been able to find any documents anywhere that state what exactly the programs intercept and submit to Bitdefender, or how that information is used. I'm mainly interested in knowing if it submits specifically what the user is doing on the website, information entered on the site, personally identifiable information (such as the account of the user (bitdefender account), the ip of the user, etc), and how the content is transmitted and shared. Essentially, if I use either of these features, will I be sacrificing anonymity just to be secure from phishing websites? Also, if I get the Bitdefender Total Security, would I also need to get Traffic Light? Thank you in advance for any help you're able to give me.

Comments

• 1) If I use either of these features, will I be sacrificing anonymity just to be secure from phishing websites? 2) Also, if I get the Bitdefender Total Security, would I also need to get Traffic Light?
    1) Exact. 2) Yes.

• 1) Exact. 2) Yes.

No,

TrafficLight is included in all commercial BitDefender Products

• 1) No, exact.

2) Yes, the module TrafficLight is included in all commercial BitDefender Products.