Far too many false positives ....
Well, i bought a 2 year subscription for bitdefender total security 2017 recently, and after 2 months of use i threw it off my (windows 10) PC.
1) Far too many files inaccessible due false positives, as i never had issues with them before.
2) my USB RME audio interface gave me problems since BD has been installed.
3) "Identified" false positives are too hard and complex to reinstall, and also BD keeps seeing them still as not wanted and throws them out again. I used the free 360 Total Security before which also had these type heuristic issues, but once marked as "safe" i had no problems with these files anymore.
4) the BD firewalls' rules interface is simply too complex and time consuming to adjust and backup if you compare it to Comodo's or Zonealarm's free versions, and alas you cannot install these instead of the built-in from BD.
5) the summit for me was when the windows 10 defender was activated automatically after the BD de-installation it immediately found a nasty backdoor virus BD had not seen .....
As such I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED with BD 2017, a waste of good money spent IMO. BTW I had the same experiences with a bought Webroot in 2016, which also was tested as a topper about a year ago.
PS I am not going to spend time in sending problem files to Bitdefender, already spent too much time investigating what went wrong regarding my USB RME audio interface, now seemingly related to Bitdefender interfering as suggested by tech support on an RME forum.
I am a paying customer IMO once again being used as software tester; been that route too many times before. -F