Need help with recovery

I'm new to the forum. I just got the bit defender box yesterday, everything went so good until I found out my range extender was using a static IP address and it was causing problems for my iPhone. So I factory reset my range extender, set it back up and ever since then I have been having problems. I should have just left it. 

i want to factory reset my box but every time I try the recovery method, and try to connect to "Box Recovery" and try to perform the recovery it tells me it can't find the Box. I am for sure connected to the recovery network but I have no luck at all getting the application to find the box. I need some help

Tagged:

Comments

• On 4/27/2017 at 7:08 PM, Sgtkeebler said:

I'm new to the forum. I just got the bit defender box yesterday, everything went so good until I found out my range extender was using a static IP address and it was causing problems for my iPhone. So I factory reset my range extender, set it back up and ever since then I have been having problems. I should have just left it. 

i want to factory reset my box but every time I try the recovery method, and try to connect to "Box Recovery" and try to perform the recovery it tells me it can't find the Box. I am for sure connected to the recovery network but I have no luck at all getting the application to find the box. I need some help

same for me, need away to hard reset box device.

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi, could you please tell me why are you trying to reset BOX? Indeed, at the moment there isn't an option to factory reset it.However, you can uninstall it and install it again with the same account. The Recovery option on the BOX rewrites the firmware on it and it restores BOX to the last known good configuration.

• Please refer to "/index.php?/topic/77419-unable-to-removerecover/" style="background-color:#fafafa;color:#4588c5;font-size:16px;text-align:left;" title="Unable to Remove/Recover" rel="">Unable to Remove/Recover" above.

My box is currently sitting here powered down and unusable, and is destined for the trash if nothing can be done to fix it.